PDA

View Full Version : Elk Meat part 2

Donziweasel
08-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Got prices-

For a small cooler and 4 pounds of dry ice it is 10.00. I can ship 2 day air with that setup my processor tells me. I know some of you said you wanted some on another thread. I have about 200 pounds I need to get rid of. Please respond to this thread if you are still interested.

Don, I already have you covered.

Will probably ship next Tuesday, can overnight or 2 day air, your preference.

fegettes
08-09-2007, 10:47 AM
How durable is the cooler for shipping? I would love to get enough to fill the small cooler, and suspect 2nd day Air is probably the best. How do you want to get reimbursed for the cooler, dry ice, and shipping?

Thanks.

Steve Fegette
20303 SW 342 St
Florida City, FL 33034

Donziweasel
08-09-2007, 02:40 PM
I'll ship it and send the total for it. Considering Elk is 16.00 a pound, ten pounds is about 160.00 worth. He does have bigger coolers. They are designed for shipping meat, they are coming from my game processor.

goatee
08-09-2007, 04:52 PM
attn. mike
21481 21 mile rd.
macomb, mi.

i thank you in advance,, and if you dont get enough response to this ad,, i'll take two. all i would need at that point is payment info.

isnt it funny? i caught a 400 lbs. shark and i had to ship it ALL home.
couldnt give it away. but if you go out to a nice restaurant, a shark dinner is big money.:shark:

Cuda
08-09-2007, 05:07 PM
isnt it funny? i caught a 400 lbs. shark and i had to ship it ALL home.
couldnt give it away. but if you go out to a nice restaurant, a shark dinner is big money.:shark:
I hope you bled it right away, then soaked it brine water, otherwise it will smell just like piss.:eek!:

Where did you catch it?

Don't tell me in the upper left corner of it's mouth, like I tell people. :)

Cuda
08-09-2007, 05:10 PM
I've never tasted elk, although I've heard it's excellent. I even bought a rifle a few years ago, because I thought I get a chance to go elk hunting. It didn't pan out, now I don't think I'm in good enough physical shape to hunt them. :(

I'd like to try some too. I'll pm you my address, and you let me know how and where to pay.

I'm sure Debbie will love it. I might end up having to pay for her to go on an elk hunt.:wink:

goatee
08-09-2007, 05:21 PM
LOL!! "upper left corner" i love it!
alaska, prince william sound. gaffed it, and let it bleed. iced it over night, flew it to anchorage. flash froze it. (played in alaska for the next week) picked it up and flew home with it.
some of it we ate up there in our "mobile home" that we were driving around.
tin foil, butter, and an oven. here in mi. i only bbq'd it and smoked it.
once i smoked it, it never saw the bbq again.:wink:

pmreed
08-09-2007, 05:52 PM
I was one of the ones who messaged you before. I'm in for a box. Check, money order, PayPal? I'll PM my address

Thanks in advance:)

Phil

Donziweasel
08-09-2007, 07:46 PM
PM, not worried about payment. There was a little confusion. A member thought I was charging 160.00 for it. Not charge at all. All it will cost is Cooler (6.00), Dry Ice (5.00) and shipping (20.00?). If I send you 10 pounds, you would be getting about 160.00 of elk at market prices (about 16.00 a pound). Still on for Tuesday for shipping.

Need to find Farmer TX. Want to send some for the barbeque at the Roundup. :)

Patti
08-09-2007, 07:58 PM
I can tell you that my son and Jamie have had some of the Elk from the first shipment..said it was absolutely fabulous!!! :)

John, I wanted to say hi to you while when you called but Jamie hogged the phone! heh :)

vonkamp
08-10-2007, 06:35 AM
I'm in for a box! I tried some while at Yellowstone and it was some mighty tasty eats. :yes::yes:
Do you still have my address John?

Donziweasel
08-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Patti, thanks for the compliment on the Elk, I was wondering when Jamie was going to dig in! I am sure there will be many more calls as the boat will probably give me headaches, or I will start messing around with engine performance and will need advice. Next time I will tell him to hand the phone over after we are done.

Barry, yup, got you covered.

MP, as for recipes, treat it like beef. Remember, elk cooks faster than beef (also defrosts faster than beef) For grilling steaks, I like to put a little bacon on it as it is 99% fat free. Also, cook it Med Rare. Best flavor and although it is good cooked any way, I think med rare it is the juiciest.

Couple of Can't Screw Up recipes-

Roast-
Put on some Worstershire, a little soy sauce, some garlic salt, Lawrys salt and pepper. Heat oven to 350. If roast is not staying together (some do, some dont, some are already tied, leave the strings on) tie with a string. Place on a baking sheet and drape some bacon over it. Cook until 130 inside(use meat thermometer). Then I take a cheat peek and make a cut in the middle. If done, cut immediatly, if not, leave be as it will continue to cook for a few minutes more without being in the oven.

Steaks- Just marinade and season to liking, grill over hot grill, be careful, as it cooks faster than beef. Can put bacon on it if it is a little dry. Or use for stir fry, etc......

Burger- Use for Burgers, Tacos, Burritos, spaghetti, use just like ground beef. About 95% lean and very healthy. Once again, cooks a little faster than beef and defrosts faster as well.

Just a couple of easy recipes (and god knows I need easy). None take more than 5 minutes to prepare. Also, I have a killer Bernaise sauce recipe that goes really well with the roasts and steaks. Bon Appetite!:):wink:

Donziweasel
08-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Gonna try and ship some in the morning. Check thread to see if yours shipped tommorrow afternoon.