PDA

View Full Version : anyone got any info?

DonziFreak
08-08-2007, 04:58 PM
im looking for some information on a long-lost boat....

my father used to race offshore back in the late 80's up until the mid 90's (95 to be exact) and originaly raced in a 28 pantera, but the boat im looking for info about is a 31 Cig Flat-Deck Bullet (one of only 2 ever made) that was originaly painted white purple and green with a checkard flag across the deck....heres what i know about the boat

it was purchased custom made from Cigarette and raced by my father and his cousin up until 1995, then sold to a guy in Puerto Rico and ran as the Coca-Cola boat, i know it came to the states at one point because we had seen it in the cover of a boating magazine.....the original number on it was B-124 and it was sponsored by cigarette when we first had it, and pipewelders the last 3 or 4 times we raced it, it had 2 hawk-marine Bigblock Chevy's bored to 510 and ran with bravo-2 drives when we had her....

il try to post a picture when i can, and any info regarding the fate of this boat would be greatly appreciated...

tiger lily
08-09-2007, 01:23 PM
check with the people over at offshoreonly.com those guy might know, they are real big into the racing scene, im sure theres some people here that might know, but the member base on that site is just huge.

DonziFreak
08-09-2007, 07:12 PM
thanks TL, i checked that site and found out shes still floating!!!! i also found a picture, if ANYONE has seen this boat PLEASE post something

DonziFreak
08-09-2007, 10:38 PM
ok, anyone that wants to know the history of this boat, here it goes! its a 93 Bullet with a flat-deck (one of only 2 ever made), Craig Barrie had it built for my father and his cousin for 30k, the deal was that they'd have to rig it themselves, but that the factory was all theirs after work hours, so my father and the navigator staggered 2 Hawk-Marine 510 engines in there, mounted bravo 2 drives, and had the same paint scheme it has now done for $500 (tho in the original colors which were purple with green pin-striping and the checkard flag going across the deck and down the sides), they raced it in B class as B-124 and were known as Team Cigarette, they raced it from 1994 until the death of one of their best friends in 1996.....at that point it wen't to puerto rico, raced there as the coca-cola boat, then came back to the states at some point. and now i'm here searching for the fate of this boat....it had the 3-man standing cockpit and the original interior was a light purple (to go along with the paint)
the picture above is the only one i've been able to confirm is actualy her...but she might be blue and yellow now with a 3 man standing cockpit that is yellow, but the flag on her deck should stand out...she was the first racing cig to have it....she suffers from a serious case of "chine walk" and runs about 92 full out, again, any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!,
Carlos