PDA

View Full Version : Shirts hats donations etc.(Please Read)

harbormaster
08-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I am probably not going to offer any more shirts. The problem this time is I ran out of 3x and 2x shirts right away. Then I would have to drop 500 bucks on a complete order in order to fill 3 orders for 4 shirts and still have people pissed at me. I am not going to do that when I still have box full of hats and shirts. I will try to fill orders already made and refund the money of anyone else I do not have sizes for. The rest I will give away.
The best way to contact me is not board hate post But actually calling me at my office 713-910-2000. I am getting tired of breaking selling trickets and hats.. I can see why Donzi is probably not doing it. It is a major pain in the ass and is really not a true moneymaker.

If anyone has been contemplating making a donation to the site I could really use it. The hosting bill is 360 dollars every month. (A Boat Payment!!!) I am out of cash because I basically break even on this site every month. To sound hoeky, I continue to do it because I feel that it needs to be done.

I work for only an hourly rate of 20 bucks per hour at my job.(18 hours before takes to support the board hosting Sometimes I make commision but not in a while. I am working on selling some hosting on the server to offset the cost but its tough when GDaddy and others are just about giving hosting away.

I am building up a sizable debt at work redoing the donzi. I paid for the transom glass work and new engine by selling the outboard motor and also selling a sailboat which was given to me a year ago. That money is now gone.

There are alot of great folks out there on the site.

Regards
Scot VanAlstine

Brian Main
08-07-2007, 02:20 AM
Scot,

Thanks for the products you have brought all of us in the past. Sorry it has become a hassle for you. I can't help that but I can send a contribution. It is on the way.

Brian.

bobwpe
08-07-2007, 04:45 PM
I second the above. Just because I have made a donation or two in the last year doesn't mean I can't do it again. In fact I just did via paypal which I think took about 15 seconds. Scratching out a check might take a minute or two longer but when you compare it to the value of the information and entertainment this site provides it's a no brainer.:bonk:
Thanks Scot

gold-n-rod
08-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Scot: If you aren't making money selling shirts and hats, it's one of the following problems:

a. You are buying them too high
b. You are selling them too low
c. You are not charging enough for shipping and handling
d. a. and b.
e. a. and c.
f. b. and c.
g. all of the above

Regardless, a donation has been made.

I appreciate your efforts!!!! :yes:

mphatc
08-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Scott,
I too run a business with internet sales, and can agree that internet sales are a PIA with small items . . IMO anything less than $100.00 that involves stocking items and packaging, shipping, UPS account management, and payments via pay pal where they dock the seller a huge percentage . .
This board has been alot of help to me and MANY other folks, and the annual fee is TOO LOW! Where these days can one go to play w/o paying?? And for many here that's what this is . .
A donation is coming from me, and I only hope that others here cough up atleast 1/2 of what they spend on beer and gasoline a month for their Donzi! :smash:
It's easy for me this year, :wink:my boat is apart and uses no gas!! Just lots of parts!:eek!::eek!:
Mario L.

Carl C
08-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Here is Harbormaster's water front home. There aren't even any boats out front. He really does need our help. I'm just messin' with you, Scot. I'll send a few bucks within two weeks. BTW, why do you need all that ice?:)

gold-n-rod
08-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Here is Harbormaster's water front home. There aren't even any boats out front. He really does need our help. I'm just messin' with you, Scot. I'll send a few bucks within two weeks. BTW, why do you need all that ice?:)

LOL @ Carl's pic!!!!!!

BUIZILLA
08-07-2007, 07:36 PM
donation sent

chappy
08-07-2007, 08:21 PM
I called Scot this afternoon to order some shirts and hats. Hands down, one of the nicest guys I have ever spoken to. I consider myself to have very little knowledge of these boats compared to others on this site, yet we talked Donzi's for quite some time. He could have easily taken the order, thanked me, and ended the call. A phone conversation I'll never forget.:biggrin:
Thanks Scot,
Rich

Lenny
08-07-2007, 08:30 PM
and I only hope that others here cough up atleast 1/2 of what they spend on beer

Good GOD man, :eek: are you serious ??? I would need a third job to continue in that fashion...

:D

Seriously, I have been talking to Scot in regards to some of this and maybe (maybe) there will be something in the works in the near future that will make this more fun for him and provide an incredible service to all those fixing and restoring old Classics.

We'll see if it can be done.

Donation sent.

Sagbay32
08-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Donation sent!

Any XL shirts available?
I'll order one of those too!

Thanks
Mike

Formula Jr
08-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi Scot,

Tried to send you a donation via a C-Card.

Not sure if it worked. I might be too stupid to send money
this new fangled computer thingy way....

BaldEagle
08-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks Scot,
no applause, just sent money.

catch 22
09-12-2007, 07:09 AM
Donation sent. Thanks Scot for all you do.

Dr. Dan
09-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Scott,

I am going to send you proceeds from all of this years Event Sales ...just after the Owners Rally.

Should be a little bit O jing a ling... Thanks to the great folks on this site and the Event Clubs... 2008 will be a great year for Donzi Hardwear from us... I have alot of new items in the works.

Be Well

Doc of Fashionistas :wink:

FOSTER
09-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Donation on the way, Thank you Scot for making the Donzi part of my life a lot easier and a hole lot more enjoyable.
Bret.

Stan24
10-27-2007, 02:08 PM
I am a FNG member of this site and I would like to know where to send a donation ( I have Paypal available) and I don't seem to be able to find a list or pictures of available Donzi apparel. It seems when I first viewed the site there was an apparel section on the home page, but now I am lost??? (no big surprise). Can someone help me out. I just bought the "Georgia Peach" Spitfire 24.

chappy
10-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Hey Stan,
Welcome to the board. On the menu section, top left, click on "Site support", 10th option from the top for apparel. To make a donation, top right of the main page, just over from the classic ripping at dusk photo, there is a "Support the registry" button.
Rich
P.S. How about some photos of that Spitfire?:yes:

hot shot
11-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Scott Thanks for all you do for all of us, donation sent.. would love to see you at the aoth this year Mick

WA-LO
11-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Can you put up a address on this thread to send donations to.
I dont use Pay Pal. Thanks for the support.

chappy
11-05-2007, 08:46 AM
This is the address I mailed a check to.

The Donzi Registry, 2323 Clear Lake City Blvd, Suite 180 - 253 Houston Texas 77062 Please make checks payable to "The Donzi Registry"

Rich