PDA

View Full Version : Lake Superior.......

Donziweasel
08-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Saw this on CNN. I know some of you boat on the great lakes, but not sure who boats one which one. Interesting reading.......

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/08/03/superior.puzzle.ap/index.html

tiger lily
08-06-2007, 01:48 PM
interesting read, however i dont buy what alot of them say, 1998 the water in the great lakes, huron, st clair, and erie, was so high, that walking down the docks at put in bay, it was up to your knees, about 2 foot over the dock, at the house it was above the sea wall , and you couldnt walk around the house with out it being a foot deep, at the same time the mississippi river was in a drout, now the summer of 99 the water was 5-6 low, and the docks at PIB were all they down, had to climb up them to get off the boat .then the people that lived along the mississippi were sand bagging there shore lines because there was too much water, coincidence, i think not, they let too much out then, and it has never come back up since, my dad has pictures from when he was younger when they let so much water out, that boats were actually laying over in the mud, there was No water, the corp of engineers plays with those damns/locks all the time, and they mess up and blame it on everything else