PDA

View Full Version : TRS alignment procedure

KerrLake
08-05-2007, 07:49 PM
I can't find any specific info on TRS engine alignment. Can someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks

KerrLake
08-06-2007, 01:52 PM
The only info I can find on TRS alignment said something about a plate that goes with the tool?? So basically I want to make sure that the drive shaft from the drive is a straight shot through the bell housing all the way into the transmission. Couldn't I make my own plate that fits onto the bellhousing where the drive shaft should be positioned? I only have the alignment tool, no plate.

MOP
08-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Scroll down on this link, it shows the round centering fixture.

http://www.mercstuff.com/alignmenttool.htm

KerrLake
08-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks MOP. It looks like I got sold the wrong tool. It makes alot more sense with the plate.
Brian

MOP
08-07-2007, 06:45 AM
Thanks MOP. It looks like I got sold the wrong tool. It makes alot more sense with the plate.
Brian

I never did one but have seen my Merc buddy do it, remember to remove the tool between adjustments it can and does get bent then it is useless. Not that I ever bent one "NO NOt ME":bonk:

MR MAGOO
08-07-2007, 06:54 AM
The round disk slides over the alignment bar and fits into the large O-Ring groove on the bellhousing.

LKSD
08-07-2007, 08:01 AM
A straight tool without the disk can also be used. We have used them before with no problems. What you want to make sure of is that you have the bearings all inline for a straight shot thru. Tearing centers should also all be centered thru the snoot that goes into the gimble. :yes: :) Jamie