PDA

View Full Version : Progress on Ice skating rink...I mean Building.

Scott Pearson
12-14-2002, 09:19 AM
Ok....some of you have asked..."Hows the Donzi Garage coming along?"

Well here it is. I scraped back all the top soil to get it ready for the footings...and it hasnt stopped raining since! Every week we have had over an inch of rain here in NJ. Soooo....This project will be on hold until it drains off. I will be putting a pump in as soon as the water comes down a bit...just so it dries up a little quicker.

Chris asked me..."Why dont you start working on the 14 Baby. You can fit that in your garage now" I said...Great Idea....But I cant get to the damn thing!....wonder if it floats?

Cathy said as soon as it freezes up she is going Ice skating....

Oh well.... Looks like I will be waiting till the spring to get going again.... :(

http://www.donzi.net/photos/spearpond02.jpg

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
12-14-2002, 09:57 AM
A liitle bigger and you would have your own testing grounds
Lake P wink
Sorry to say but I think this winter will be an above normal one for precipitation here in the North east hopefully it will not be all white!
brings a new meaning to the swamps of jersey wink

Matt
north of the puddle

Looped
12-14-2002, 09:25 PM
Scott,
You should drain all of that into a holding tank incase we have another drought next year like we did last year........

Craig

Ed Donnelly
12-14-2002, 10:45 PM
Install a filter and a boiler(approx 250 mbtuh)and enjoy your new swimming pool until spring.Assuming you have 18,000 gal.US in there,you should get a balmy 95 deg,F out of it....Ed

Scott Pearson
12-15-2002, 07:16 AM
You guys are killing me.....I knew I could could on the ball busting.... :D :D .

I already have a pond...didnt need another one!

(NJ)Scott

Wildfire
12-15-2002, 03:23 PM
Just hope that no endangered species of migratory waterfowl take up residence. :p

Good luck with the project. My 40x60 is scheduled for spring. Hoo-Ahh!

GEOO
12-15-2002, 03:36 PM
Chris, You didn't tell me Scott was building a test tank!!!

Rick
12-16-2002, 08:21 AM
Scott, It's not too late to stock! :D :D :D Rick

mattyboy
12-16-2002, 09:57 AM
well if your gonna make it an ice skating rink,
I have a lead on an orange Zamboni :p wink :D
low miles and a lh or rh steering model

Matt

RH
12-16-2002, 10:11 AM
Scott, I can feel your frustration. My current project is working out pretty well as I have the brick layers in this morning all tented up and laying like mad to get done by X-mas. Hope things dry up a bit for you to get footings in and moving forward. I want that Hornet inside so it's ready for spring dipping!
RH

Silver Streak
12-16-2002, 10:41 AM
So, I wonder if Mr. Pearson filed an Environmental Impact Statement, and whether the EPA is still paying a bounty for reporting hazardous sites? :D :D :D

Rick

Close enough to Tar Creek that I shouldn't be making jokes...

Scott Pearson
12-16-2002, 05:11 PM
DEP gave the go ahead on the project first. Thats the problem with Howell NJ....You need a LOI from the DEP before the permits can be issued. Its a big pain in the ass.

(NJ)SCott

Rick
12-17-2002, 10:34 AM
Well Scott look at the bright side. At least when it dries out settling shouldn't be an issue. I am building a 24 X 32 and of course our 6 Month drought has come to an abrupt end and I can't get the excavation started. Oh well it will be worth it!!!!!! Rick

Fish boy
12-17-2002, 01:21 PM
Look at the bright side... water front property is more valuable in most places :-)

Fish