PDA

View Full Version : Sick to my stomach in Syracuse

susan.haller
08-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Can anyone out there help me with some advice. I have 1990 18ft Classic Cruiser. I just got it last year for my 40th Birthday. I am a female avid boat lover and always wanted a Donzi. 3 nights ago, I left my Donzi tied up to a public docking fascility in front of a restaurant we went to. I was having issues with the linkage cables and decided not to try to drive it home in the dark. The next morning I was awaken to a frantic phone call from the coast guard patrol. My boat was found with the bow sticking straight out of the water. Someone had stolen it, drove it into the middle of Oneida Lake, 13 miles from where I left it. Smashed the windshield smashed the glass on the front console, bent the steering wheel and controls, stole the battery and stereo, then put an anchor out the back, an anchor out the front, and pulled the plug. We finally managed to get the boat out of the water, and to a marina, where they got the engine going immediately to flush out any water. (The engine is a 350 Merc). Now I am struggling with what to do. The mechanic said he has about 1,000 into it now and it would cost another 4,000 to replace and fix all the broken parts. The body is in perfect condition, no damage at all. I am very heartbroken and don't know what to do with the boat now. Would anyone be interested in purchasing it in this condition? Or does anyone know where I can maybe buy parts? I would appreciate any advise anyone has.

B-BISHOP1974
11-05-2007, 03:24 PM
sorry to hear about your boat.if you still have it i would be interested in purchasing.iam unable to receive emails at work so please call me.603-899-5160,leave me a message and i will call you.i live in nh and do not mind the drive.thank you

Lenny
11-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Can anyone out there help me with some advice. I have 1990 18ft Classic Cruiser. I just got it last year for my 40th Birthday. I am a female avid boat lover and always wanted a Donzi. 3 nights ago, I left my Donzi tied up to a public docking fascility in front of a restaurant we went to. I was having issues with the linkage cables and decided not to try to drive it home in the dark. The next morning I was awaken to a frantic phone call from the coast guard patrol. My boat was found with the bow sticking straight out of the water. Someone had stolen it, drove it into the middle of Oneida Lake, 13 miles from where I left it. Smashed the windshield smashed the glass on the front console, bent the steering wheel and controls, stole the battery and stereo, then put an anchor out the back, an anchor out the front, and pulled the plug. We finally managed to get the boat out of the water, and to a marina, where they got the engine going immediately to flush out any water. (The engine is a 350 Merc). Now I am struggling with what to do. The mechanic said he has about 1,000 into it now and it would cost another 4,000 to replace and fix all the broken parts. The body is in perfect condition, no damage at all. I am very heartbroken and don't know what to do with the boat now. Would anyone be interested in purchasing it in this condition? Or does anyone know where I can maybe buy parts? I would appreciate any advise anyone has.

1990 and a Merc does not "jive" ...

351 and an OMC cobra or King Cobra does... Which is it.

Better yet, go to the back of the boat, look to the right, look UP under the right rubrail, at the ransom, under the aluminum rubrail, about 6" due left of the Starboard Transom when viewed, from the rear, and tell us what the serial number is...

:)

Sad for your loss :(

Rob M
11-06-2007, 05:52 AM
...for the S#$%head(s) who did this to your boat.

chappy
11-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Thread started the next day.....
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50019
Rich