PDA

View Full Version : Best day

Formula Jr
08-03-2007, 09:05 PM
What was your best day on the water? The one that made everything perfect.

I know mine, it was a run to Gig Harbor, on the lower Puget Sound.
There was nothing special about how it all started out. And it wasn't a thrill ride in the sense of running big waves. Diamonds and Glass, scenery.. scenery that makes you wonder if its all a dream.

I hope every one gets that moment. It doesn't matter how fast you go.

chappy
08-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Just after sunrise, hot cup of coffee, nice easy cruise, 20-25 mph, fog just lifting off of the lake. The reflection off of the tree tops on the water not far from the reflection of the hull and the spray coming off of it. Good stuff. Unless I see a fisherman, then I swing way out not to interrupt them at that hour.:)

Rich

Donziweasel
08-04-2007, 08:49 AM
1997, just bought a new 21 ft Milan with 454 and thru-hull. We had a huge party on the lake with nine boats and over 100 people at a camp site. I had the boat delivered that Friday and the party started that night. It got a little crazy at camp, so 8 of us loaded up the boat and headed out for a cocktail cruise. Parked the boat in the middle of the lake with the new Widespread Panic CD, floated under a blood red sky at sunset listening to tunes. The Tetons were in the background and life was good!

I haven't had my Donzi long enough to have that perfect day, but have had some damn good ones.

Cuda
08-04-2007, 12:52 PM
The best day I've ever had on the water, was a couple years ago, when we went down to Miami during the boat show, met up as Senor Poodles place, then made the run from Blackpoint to Islamorada and back. The best part of the day was even though it was a long run, and seven boats made the trip, nobody broke down, and almost eveyone made it back without running out of fuel.:wink:

The only real problems started at the boat ramp when pulling the boats out. It seems a 3/4 ton Chebby isn't up to the task of pulling out a 22 Classic.:eek!::wink:

gcarter
08-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Any day when I'm working on a boat, making it better, I have all the parts and they all go together.

lee
08-05-2007, 10:57 AM
anyday on the water beats working just wish someone would pay me too do it

wrussellw
08-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Raced in the Pineapple Cup from Fort Lauderdale to Montego Bay.
About 850 mile race, start east to Great Issac, south through the Bahamas, around the windward end of Cuba, a nava-guesser nightmare.
Done this race before, but....

Long story short, long race couple knock downs, butt end of spinnaker pole cuts loose dislocates my my jaw, Cubans hassle us, you name it.
I am wondering why I am doing this to myself..
Best day.. suns is rising, British Bag Pipers pipe us over the finish line, race committee delivers a case of cold Red Strip and we the second boat to lose.