PDA

View Full Version : Rep Points

Donziweasel
08-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I never knew what they were or anything about until I was messing around in USERCP and found that I had some today. I just PM'ed another member and he explained them to me.

I joined and post on these boards because I want to learn about engines, Donzi's and meet fellow Donzi enthusiasts. I have definetly done that and am not looking for rep points. That being said, it is nice to know that I have posted something worth reading. Thank you for whoever gave me rep points. I just really like Donzi.net because I love Donzi's, think about Donzi's, dream about Donzi's, love talking about Donzi's, love driving my Donzi, like other Donzi people, like other Donzi people's Donzi's, drive my wife crazy with Donzi's and, did I say I love Donzi's?:) Maybe instead of points, I really need therapy!:bonk::bonk::bonk:

Marlin275
08-03-2007, 02:58 PM
I gave you one yesterday
liked your post on
"Boat ramp manners....."

Patti
08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Well dammit.
I tried giving you some rep power but it told me to spread it around. I guess I gave you some already :tongue:

Donziweasel
08-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks Marlin, I see that someone did now.

Patti, I just keep running into you everywhere today. Is there a boating board somewhere you don't visit?LOL:):):) I almost fell over when I saw you on Mr. Gumps thread on speedwake!LOL

Now I am addicted to rep points. I am going to think rep points, sleep rep points, eat rep points, did I metion I love rep points? :):):)

Just kidding, I am just glad I am a part of a great community and site. Don't need rep points, just info on how to get this damn engine back together!:):):bonk: Does that mean my rep points go back to 0 now?LOL

Patti
08-03-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm here,there..everywhere :propeller:

Want some corn for dinner? heh

Carl C
08-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Some people here have said that rep power doesn't mean much but it's fun to spread good will. If anyone doesn't know, you send rep feedback by clicking on the scale icon at the top right of any post you like or think is inappropriate. You can see your feedback on your user CP. May everyone receive good vibes!:)

BUIZILLA
08-03-2007, 08:46 PM
someone saw fit to ding me with a red star lately...

gcarter
08-03-2007, 09:19 PM
someone saw fit to ding me with a red star lately...
I know the feeling. It's happened to me when I posted an opinion. It was an opinion about a subject being discussed. My opinion wasn't directed against any person on the face of the earth, it was just an opinion.
I think we should be careful of posting negatives to people who we may not agree with on a particular subject but are posting their opinions.
Save them for Sofa King and those like him.

Donziweasel
08-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Red Star????:boggled: Still learning...................

vonkamp
08-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Red Star????:boggled: Still learning...................

Ditto.. I did'nt know anything about rep points till you brought it up. :boggled:
I guess I learn something today! :bonk:

BUIZILLA
08-03-2007, 09:44 PM
green stars are your friends....

red stars aren't..

Carl C
08-04-2007, 05:43 AM
'Poodle is right to not take it too seriously. It takes a lot of them to change your rep score and then the change may be temporary. It's more a way of having fun, but as long as it's there everyone should know about it. If we'd all hit TD with bad feedback his green box should've turned red like someone elses did!:)

Sweet little 16
08-04-2007, 06:23 AM
just remember one oh $#!+ wipes out 5 atta boys

I don't give a damn about my reputation

Joan Jett

Donziweasel
08-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Buiz, it was probably Mr. Gump:)

roadtrip se
08-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I do use the PM feature people to reach out to people here alot. Therefore, I see the "rep point' feedback screen when I go to the User CP section. I get a chuckle out of what I gain bumps and bruises for, but don't give it much credence.

A couple of things that will get me to drive a stake in the ground and earn me a dagger or two as a result:

- People who find humor in degrading or making fun of women or ethic groups.
- Group think and piling on. Personal attacks. Sniping.
- Whining about how expensive this hobby can be, especially about gas prices. Try basket weaving, if you are looking for a cheap hobby.
- Trying to piece together a boat utilizing cheapo, worn-out, or junk parts that could compromise the safety worthiness of the vessel.
- Just being cheap in general. This is a luxury hobby.
- Expressing an opinion on EVERYthing, even if you add nothing or know nothing on the topic.
- Asking for advice and then be-littling or refuting the advice given.
- Glorifying alcohol as a great adjunct to the boating experience.
- Just general lack of class comments and behavior.
- Linking items from other web sites, giving no credit, and adding no value.

These are just a few of my favorite things....

On the positive side:

-Smack talking at it's finest, including calling out the sandbagger pros.
-Planning another rally event, attending, and then sharing stories of what went on.
-Great food, especially the grill kind.
-Rigging and tuning tips together with real world results and facts.
-Seeing people invest in safety items like good vests and steering systems.
-Pics and stories of great days on the water.
-Bikinis.
-The joy of a new Donzi owner.

Rep away!

gcarter
08-05-2007, 11:46 AM
A couple of things that will get me to drive a stake in the ground and earn me a dagger or two as a result:
- Whining about how expensive this hobby can be, especially about gas prices.
- Trying to piece together a boat utilizing cheapo, worn-out, or junk parts that could compromise the safety worthiness of the vessel.
- Just being cheap in general. This is a luxury hobby.
Rep away!
Todd, I'm glad you brought this up.........
Some of us just like to do our own work.....PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it means utilizing used outboard hydraulic steering cylinders, rebuilding, and refinishing them, well, GOOD FOR ME!!!
If any of you here don't know me well enough by now to know I won't do anything half way, well, TOO BAD FOR YOU!!!!!!
I'll utilize ANYTHING that's good for my project, but when I'm through, it'll be as good or better than new. Do I save money like this, sometimes, but maybe not. But I'll know I DID IT!!!
Will I save money where I can? You bet!
I'm not above building an engine package that'll save gas, not because I can't afford it, but simply because I think it's stupid to waste gas needlessly.
After all, how often do you run WOT????? I can change carbs and cruise long distances very efficiently, or set up for maximum performance.
On the other hand Todd, I get a little tired of some folks who may brag about their restoration, but did only 5% of the work!
There are some of that take pride in the work we accomplish ourselves, if that bothers the high rollers that have deeper pockets than I do, TOUGH!!
I'm done.....

Carl C
08-05-2007, 09:40 PM
After all, how often do you run WOT????? Welllllllllll...............since you're askin'..............quite a bit.:)

Marlin275
08-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Welllllllllll...............since you're askin'..............quite a bit.:)

WOT more than two minutes at a time?

Sweet little 16
08-05-2007, 11:13 PM
If it means utilizing used outboard hydraulic steering cylinders, rebuilding, and refinishing them, well, GOOD FOR ME!!!
If any of you here don't know me well enough by now to know I won't do anything half way, well, TOO BAD FOR YOU!!!!!!
I'll utilize ANYTHING that's good for my project, but when I'm through, it'll be as good or better than new. Do I save money like this, sometimes, but maybe not. But I'll know I DID IT!!!
I'm not above building an engine package that'll save gas, not because I can't afford it, but simply because I think it's stupid to waste gas needlessly.
After all, how often do you run WOT????? I can change carbs and cruise long distances very efficiently, or set up for maximum performance.
On the other hand Todd, I get a little tired of some folks who may brag about their restoration, but did only 5% of the work!
There are some of that take pride in the work we accomplish ourselves, if that bothers the high rollers that have deeper pockets than I do, TOUGH!!
I'm done.....
wow sorry don't do our own work guess we can't play in the sand box but this is typical of the been their done that got the tee shirt when noah passed them out crowd, I am sure Don wanted GPH/MPG figures right under the
HIGH PERFORMANCE BOATS part of the logo

hit me with your best shot

Pat Benetar

Formula Jr
08-06-2007, 02:45 AM
Donziweasel. Moderators don't even have the same rep. points as some other members. Moderators are not immune to the system.

If you are sneaky you can sign on with a bunch of different user ids, or have friends do that also, and give yourself a big rep.

Lets just say, its a very relative number.

Carl C
08-06-2007, 04:50 AM
WOT more than two minutes at a time?Probably not, I don't cruise wot but not far from it. I try to vary speed a little but may be at wot more than a lot of people! I like to go fast. :eek!: If I break it I'll fix it. Todd, I don't drink and drive. The beer is for when resting after a good run or just hanging out on the lake but, yes, there will be beer in my cooler along with the Gatorade.:beer:

Donziweasel
08-06-2007, 07:42 AM
George, I hope those comments weren't for me. I assure you I have been doing all my own engine work, with help of course from the boards and some local freinds, and will probably pay for it later!:bonk::bonk::bonk:. I could afford to have it done, but I have been enjoying learning about gas engines better. I am a pretty good diesel wrench, but I am self taught through owning my company and have never really messed with these gas/marine setups.

Formula, thanks for the info. Got some more points over the weekend. I am looking into a Formula 26 SS Cuddy. I like to know what people think about this boat and about Formulas in general. Buiz already said he liked them and was wondering your take.

How long to I run WOT? Never more than a minute, maybe two, then at least 5-10 minutes before I do it again.

roadtrip se
08-06-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm done.....

George, obviously I hit a nerve with you, but I stand by what I stated. And as you say, like it or not, I am entitled to my opinion.

No where in my list of comments, do I state that doing your own work should be perceived as cheap. This is one of the covenants of the board and a big part of the information exchange here. I personally did about 90% of the re-rig and set-up on the Somerville Edition, haven't really stopped messing with it yet, and get a great feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction by what it can do.

What I didn't do was brag about how I pieced it together with parts that really shouldn't be re-used. Some stuff belongs on the junk heap, not on ebay. Your steering example is a great one. We are talking about safety here, not the appreciation of a fine piece of mechanical engineering. Your used coupler was another example.

As for fuel economy. May I suggest a diesel trawler? A Donzi is a PERFORMANCE BOAT. Obviously, this means something completely different to me than it does you. After owning several twin engine performance boats, these things make gas in my opinion. And I do run at WOT, alot, averaging 80-100 miles covered on Lake Cumberland on most outings.

And before you and your buddies start the traditional flaming of the RTSE, please remember, you are the one that mentioned we are all entitled to our opinion.

Sweet little 16
08-06-2007, 09:32 AM
here here Roadtrip ! :) from the events we have gone to I would say people spend a hell of alot of time at 3/4 to wot. most events are 2-4 days long and I would have settled for a 2 point vig on the money spent in gas up in lk george this year. yes there was a little grumbling but all beared it well cause it is what we do we love to run our boats we love to socialize with people who have the same interest and we don't care if the boat is unrestored customized restored or all original and who put it in that condition or who keeps it that way. if you can do your own work well good for you, if you can't and had someone else do it well good for you too. but it seems there is only one way to do things with some of that generation who seem to worry about making a high performance boat a runabout seems to me they boat a bull and want a milking cow???? for the free milk

Donziweasel
08-06-2007, 09:50 AM
It is a matter of preference if you work on your own boat or not. There are many factors, such as experience, cost, and probably a big one, a space and tooling to do it.

I have a 5500 sq ft shop with every tool imaginable through my company. Also have 3 full time mechanics to help me. So, I have a lack of experience, but resources (such as Donzi.net, freinds, and mechanics, and shop) to domy own work. Plus, I feel that the more I learn and know, the better my boat will be set up and I will understand problems that will occure.

In the end, the boat done by someone else vs. done by yourself will probably perform about the same, with perhaps some small differences. I guess I also have pride in knowing that the work I did made the boat perform or look better. I have nothing against anyone who has someone else do the work, as I have had a performance boat company look at mine before when I got in over my head. As much work as I do personally, I know when to realize I am over my head and it is time to get the pro's involved.

Rootsy
08-06-2007, 10:29 AM
All I have to say is.... If I want it done right... I do it myself....

If it all turns to a heaping pile of crap I have no one to blame but myself... and learn from my mistakes the second time around...

Before you judge any mechanical component or system by it's "looks" to say it is unfit, a worn out POS or inadequate, you must have some form of aptitude and experience in judging such...

Personally, I think people who just throw money at stuff are GD Idiots...

Team Jefe
08-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Rep points are very fickle on a site like this, there is way to much diversity and it is easy to upset this member or that one. I have one green star for a fish story (thanks Ed) and one Red star for I expressed my pride in being Texan (member to remain unknown). Be that as it may, this thread is great. It shows all the diversity we have here, and though challenging, its not overly Sh*ty to anyone personally. We all love Donzi's that is the main thing.

As far a women though, they are kinda funny, and I'm not so fond of Parisian Frenchmen (that's an ehtinc group right?).

If the group thinks its right, then its right...that is Democracy.

Speaking of Government, why can't they do something about gas prices, I mean its killing my boating fun.

Also, do you think I can piece together the two 25 year old O/B's Scot has from the 22 and make them work for the Revenge?

On the other hand, my opinion on Mercury Racing motors is they are not that great. I mean, does blue paint, really mean that much??

Drinking is a fundamental right of all men....from biblical times on, even prohibition didn't work in America....We love to drink !

Also, I guess y'all work on you own stuff because you are too cheap to have it done properly by a professional....Not me.

Now some things I do like.....

Top of the list RED BIKINI's on hot Donzi Girls....argue woth that one

A close second.....messing with Todd and George:yes:

Weeeaasel - don't get too wrapped up in the Rep. Eventually, you will say something that upsets someone.

One thing is for sure...we all have the right to our opinions. And the only guy who can really so no to that is The HarborMaster.

chappy
08-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Rep points are very fickle on a site like this, there is way to much diversity and it is easy to upset this member or that one. I have one green star for a fish story (thanks Ed) and one Red star for I expressed my pride in being Texan (member to remain unknown). Be that as it may, this thread is great. It shows all the diversity we have here, and though challenging, its not overly Sh*ty to anyone personally. We all love Donzi's that is the main thing.
As far a women though, they are kinda funny, and I'm not so fond of Parisian Frenchmen (that's an ehtinc group right?).
If the group thinks its right, then its right...that is Democracy.
Speaking of Government, why can't they do something about gas prices, I mean its killing my boating fun.
Also, do you think I can piece together the two 25 year old O/B's Scot has from the 22 and make them work for the Revenge?
On the other hand, my opinion on Mercury Racing motors is they are not that great. I mean, does blue paint, really mean that much??
Drinking is a fundamental right of all men....from biblical times on, even prohibition didn't work in America....We love to drink !
Also, I guess y'all work on you own stuff because you are too cheap to have it done properly by a professional....Not me.
Now some things I do like.....
Top of the list RED BIKINI's on hot Donzi Girls....argue woth that one
A close second.....messing with Todd and George:yes:
Weeeaasel - don't get too wrapped up in the Rep. Eventually, you will say something that upsets someone.
One thing is for sure...we all have the right to our opinions. And the only guy who can really so no to that is The HarborMaster.

Jefe,

You should run for office. I don't know where, but somewhere. I'll send a vote your way.

Rich

Donziweasel
08-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Jefe, two things-

One, I am surprised I haven't said something to piss a member off. I did get what looked like a gray or black square in my user CP. Not sure what is?

Second, posted Margi in bikini and get nothing. Damn, I though she looked better, but even better than points, I got your inclusion in the Team Jefe red bikini team. Better than points, right?:)

Just noticed the points thing this weekend. I think it is pretty cool you can give (and take) points from members. Keeps everybody on the up and up. What happens if you go negative points? Heard it happened this year, but never heard exactly what happened to the member. I did notice he doesn't seem to be around much anymore.

zelatore
08-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Well, I have to semi-agree with George. I have a lot more respect for the guy who did it all himself vs the guy who just wrote a check.

When I was younger and racing an Alfa, I didn't have any money. I did everything myself because I didn't have any other option. Heck, living in Indiana even if I did have the cash there wasn't anybody around who knew what an Alfa Romeo was...I was the defacto expert.

And you know what? I was usually one of the fastest guys on the track. One guy who was faster bought a turn-key championship winning car. Sure, he could drive, and he was a nice guy too. But I always felt a certain smuggness knowing my home-built low-buck rig was as fast as his big $$$ check.

For my Donzi, I haven't had it long enough to do much to it. And although I've got a little better income these days I still expect to do everything I can myself just for the pride of it.

However, that said...
I've come to understand that not everybody who 'just writes a check' is an idiot with more money than brains. With my current job I'm away from home 5 days a week. That means when I get home Friday night I've only got Saturday and Sunday to work on the (insert project here-boat, bike, car, house, etc). And I'd like to be able to spend some of that time playing with my toys instead of working on them. So yeah, of late I've been farming out some projects that I know I could do myself. Case in point, I need to repaint the interior of my house. I know I could do it - I've done it before, but it's not much fun and I'm going to farm the job out this time. I guess in this case I've got more money than time. I know when it's done, I'm going to find spots that won't be up to my standards and I'll complain about them, but frankly it's just a house...I just don't care that much :)

So I'll cut the guys who 'just write a check' some slack. At least they're writing checks for something interesting :) I'll just always have a little more respect for the guy who has the time/talent/devotion to do it himself, even if more and more often I'm finding that guy isn't me.

BUIZILLA
08-06-2007, 02:42 PM
30 years ago this December I was seriously injured in an aviation related accident.... took the Doc 3 years to put my left hand back together, and I now have a partial disability.... so, some days I do my own work, and some days I write checks.... this week, i'm writing checks, and damn proud i'm alive to do it, *1* more foot to the left, and I was a goner......

gcarter
08-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Todd, I guess what bugged me were three things;
1) Using used parts.....I ended up NOT using the used coupler although I think it would have been fine, but what's $280.00????? I'm sure the new Bravo coupler I installed will serve the new Minx owner as long as he cares to keep it. What really irritated me is the several comments about my questions about the existing hydraulic steering system that came with the 22 Testarossa. I designed hydraulic systems AND CYLINDERS for more than 15 years. I was surprised at the lack of understanding here on this site of hydraulic systems. If you have a twin cylinder external steering system, the pressure required to do the work is the same if you have a boosted system or a pump helm......the only difference is where the pressure comes from, the helm pump (manual) or a power steering pump and rotary valve (boosted). My plan is (when I get to it) is to disassemble the cylinders, rebuild them, redesign the geometry to shorten them dramatically, and finally refinish them. There is a local machine shop that will make the changes to the rod and cylinder lengths.....even I know what my limits are. I don't like machining SST. And finally adding the appropriate CharLynn helm valve and power steering pump.
2) I like the diversity of the folks on this site and all their various talents. I like all the interest in preserving the Marque. I even like the failed attempts and misadventures. What I didn't like Todd, was your comment that this is a "LUXURY HOBBY" and if you can't afford it, don't apply. It kind of reminded me of my one trip to the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance a few years back. That one event is the embodiment of your statement. I sincerely hope our group of folks here NEVER come to that.
I would much rather think that our little group of folks is much more like the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance that allows well done historically interesting hot rods, old race cars, and completely unrestored cars in addition to the over restored multi million dollar cars that show up at Pebble.
3) Fuel use....this, I must admit is a personal pet peeve......living here in Florida you can plan a rather lengthy day trip of well over 100 miles in the rivers, canals, and inland waterways. Why would a person want to stop for fuel twice or more when you don't have to????????? I could cruise in the Minx at 40-45 MPH which is a very comfortably cruise speed for my passengers (mainly my wife) and get almost 4 MPG. And I don't have to stop at some strange marina and pay exhorbitant prices. I can go fast too when it's time to do so.
Finally, let me say that I would NEVER give negative points for someone voicing their opinions. Now, someone making an a@@ h*&% of themselves is different.

roadtrip se
08-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Todd, I guess what bugged me were three things;
1) Using used parts.....I ended up NOT using the used coupler although I think it would have been fine, but what's $280.00????? I'm sure the new Bravo coupler I installed will serve the new Minx owner as long as he cares to keep it. What really irritated me is the several comments about my questions about the existing hydraulic steering system that came with the 22 Testarossa. I designed hydraulic systems AND CYLINDERS for more than 15 years. I was surprised at the lack of understanding here on this site of hydraulic systems. If you have a twin cylinder external steering system, the pressure required to do the work is the same if you have a boosted system or a pump helm......the only difference is where the pressure comes from, the helm pump (manual) or a power steering pump and rotary valve (boosted). My plan is (when I get to it) is to disassemble the cylinders, rebuild them, redesign the geometry to shorten them dramatically, and finally refinish them. There is a local machine shop that will make the changes to the rod and cylinder lengths.....even I know what my limits are. I don't like machining SST. And finally adding the appropriate CharLynn helm valve and power steering pump.
2) I like the diversity of the folks on this site and all their various talents. I like all the interest in preserving the Marque. I even like the failed attempts and misadventures. What I didn't like Todd, was your comment that this is a "LUXURY HOBBY" and if you can't afford it, don't apply. It kind of reminded me of my one trip to the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance a few years back. That one event is the embodiment of your statement. I sincerely hope our group of folks here NEVER come to that.
I would much rather think that our little group of folks is much more like the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance that allows well done historically interesting hot rods, old race cars, and completely unrestored cars in addition to the over restored multi million dollar cars that show up at Pebble.
3) Fuel use....this, I must admit is a personal pet peeve......living here in Florida you can plan a rather lengthy day trip of well over 100 miles in the rivers, canals, and inland waterways. Why would a person want to stop for fuel twice or more when you don't have to????????? I could cruise in the Minx at 40-45 MPH which is a very comfortably cruise speed for my passengers (mainly my wife) and get almost 4 MPG. And I don't have to stop at some strange marina and pay exhorbitant prices. I can go fast too when it's time to do so.
Finally, let me say that I would NEVER give negative points for someone voicing their opinions. Now, someone making an a@@ h*&% of themselves is different.

1) If you know so much about hydraulic systems, then why did you bother asking the other knowledgable board members here for their feedback? If I remember right, most of it was negative or reserved. Instead of casting stones at the advice you got, and stating that we simply don't know what we are talking about, how about just taking the advice for what it is?

2) Luxury. It IS a LUXURY to own a Donzi or ANY boat for that matter. I agree with the reactions here about referencing the diversity of backgrounds of our group. Please don't infer that I am looking down my nose at anyone for what they have or how they got there. Snobbery was the primary reason I left the offshore circles. Being cheap, whining about what stuff costs, and using old junk on a beautiful Donzi, are just negative kill-joys for a hobby I truly love. Don't try to read anything more into it.

3) Fuel economy. If I don't run out, I'm golden. My beast has a range of about 120 miles, so it really isn't an issue for me to run as hard as I want for as long as I want, so the ransom they charge at the marinas rarely impacts me. At the rallies? I pay it glady and look forward to doing it again at the end of day. Just ask Haver, he kept taking my reserved spot at the gas docks at Lake George every day to the point where I almost had to bump him out of the way!

gcarter
08-06-2007, 05:57 PM
30 years ago this December I was seriously injured in an aviation related accident.... took the Doc 3 years to put my left hand back together, and I now have a partial disability.... so, some days I do my own work, and some days I write checks.... this week, i'm writing checks, and damn proud i'm alive to do it, *1* more foot to the left, and I was a goner......
Jim, it's interesting you mentioned that.
vonkamp, the owner of the'68 18 I did the hull work on has a skin condition w/his hands and can't stand the chemicals any more. Understand he's well qualified and has been an aircraft mechanic for the Air Force and Navy for over 20 years.
I was pleased to help him out. And the money came in handy too.
In fact, I wouldn't mind getting some more of that kind of work.

Cuda
08-06-2007, 09:11 PM
I only wish I could afford to scratch the checks. I bought the HP over 8 months ago, just when work went to hell in a handbasket. I had already bought some stuff, the exhaust being the biggest purchase for the HP. When work quit, I already had paid for the exhaust, so I put it on the 454/330. Over a year ago, I bought a Performer intake and a HP 500 carb, so I put it on also. Then Catch 22 gave me some nice valve covers, that I painted HP Blue, but haven't installed them yet. Hell, I've had the boat ready to at least fire up for about two months, and I haven't pulled it out of the garage to test smoke it. :(

Work has picked up a bit, so a couple weeks ago, I decided to go ahead and take the HP apart. It doesn't cost anything to dissasemble an engine.

I wish I could scratch a check for a new 525 and Latham steering, but you know what they say, wish in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which on gets filled first.:)

Marlin275
08-06-2007, 09:22 PM
1)It IS a LUXURY to own a Donzi or ANY boat for that matter.
When I tell people I have a boat
they are interested and impressed.
When I tell them I have a Donzi.
They are intrigued.

Up in New Hampshire this summer
they have every boat you've seen on a lake
but they all said what a great Donzi!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30875&d=1186453944

gero1
08-06-2007, 10:10 PM
took me 1 hr to figure out what was going on here.... i am at 4 and will sell all points to any one that needs them for gas money for my boat. thank god for dinosaur's!!!! wot? i ran wot for 3 days this year at aoth and 79 on gps ain't bad for a stock boat that was built in 96. ok ok send the money to the board. i love this place

Donziweasel
08-07-2007, 07:24 AM
It's the newest craze sweeping the nation, 4 threads in one. We have rep points, whether you work on your boat or not, whether if you do not work on your boat, are you an ass(*&&,? and how long to you go WOT for.......................

Carl C
08-07-2007, 09:09 AM
If everyone submitted a list of posting don'ts this might become a duller site. Are blond jokes or pollock jokes offensive? I don't think so. They're just jokes. Is drinking a beer or two on the water (not getting drunk) really so horrible. If so, there are a lot of horrible boaters around. I changed my "signature" because I thought maybe the alcohol comment was aimed at me. Todd, I think you're a good guy but you struck some nerves with your list of posting "rules". No bad rep coming:wink:but I did want to comment here. I never send bad rep unless someone personally attacks me for no good reason. Donziweasel, that's WFOT and I spend a lot of time there because I have to! The adrenaline rush doesn't start till over 70 mph. I hope everyone is enjoying this summer as much as I am. Cheers.:beer:

VetteLT193
08-07-2007, 09:52 AM
When I tell people I have a boat
they are interested and impressed.
When I tell them I have a Donzi.
They are intrigued.

Up in New Hampshire this summer
they have every boat you've seen on a lake
but they all said what a great Donzi!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30875&d=1186453944

Now that's a good post:)

On my last trip:
-I pulled up to the boat ramp, had people looking that had far newer and more expensive boats.
-I drop in at a marina, and even a couple workers there came over to check it out... and these people see boats all day long!
-Docked at lunch at a local restaurant, every boat that docked while we were there had at least one person make a special trip to check out my Donzi... all the boats were newer and more expensive.
-There was a group of people when we left, hanging over the deck at the restaurant, waiting for the Donzi to start:) We got stared at as long as we were in sight.

At home:
-Neighbors have stopped in that I have never talked to before, just to check out the boat.
-Friends have come over to hear it run, even if it's only on the trailer.
-I have a list a mile long of people that want to go out for a ride:wink:

I can't tell if everyone loves a Donzi, or everyone is just a sucker for a racing stripe:)

roadtrip se
08-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks for whomever hit by rep on the positive side over this thread.

I'm with you DW, this thing has been all over the place, but this group IS all over the place, so it's all good. Basically, I am going to work on my stuff when I know what I am doing, and I am going to take it to someone else when I don't. My 500 gremlins this spring are an example of this. I worked over every item I could and then took it to the pros.

Jefe skewered them all and I fell over laughing.

George, you and I should probably talk live time some day soon. PM me your numbers and I'll dial you up.

Gero, just buy some fricking gas and get that thing up to Cumberland, before I list it for sale on your behalf!

Carl, post whatever you want here, I don't care. My intent wasn't to throw out posting "rules", maybe just make a plea for a little more class, a little less whining, and a positive outlook on things. You know where I stand on alcohol and the boating mix, as we have had that discussion before, but by the way I will be happy to toast the day with you back on the docks this weekend.

Vette and Marlin, this summer whether it is the 18 or the 22, we have received compliments both coming and going EVERY time on our boats.
Cool isn't it?

Team Jefe
08-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Now there is how should be runninig for Office:lookaroun:

Me I just like to make people feel good....and you always feel good when you're laughing:yes:

Speaking of getting noticed in a DONZI....I used to get all kinds of looks for my go-fast center console, they are more common now in SE Texas...DONZI's in particular, but the old girl still gets some good looks :wink:

And most folks in Cocodrie, Fourchon or Grand Isle have no clue who Jeff Reid is, but you mention "ole Jefe with that black hull DONZI" and they know.

Team Jefe
08-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Oh, and DW...having a girl on the RBC is WAY Better than any crummy old rep points:biggrin.:

gcarter
08-07-2007, 08:10 PM
I got a little green check mark too!!!!!
Thank you whoever it was!