PDA

View Full Version : kill switch instal ?

lee
08-03-2007, 09:33 AM
can i cut power to the MSD or do i need to do it some better way was told not to cut off the coil have a 383 chevy in a 81 18c

mrfixxall
08-03-2007, 09:39 AM
can i cut power to the MSD or do i need to do it some better way was told not to cut off the coil have a 383 chevy in a 81 18c

You cut the power goin to the ignition switch, this way it kills everything..

MOP
08-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Take the purple wire off the key switch run it to the kill switch, then make up a wire to run back to the terminal you took the purple off of. Many kill switches will not last very long cutting all the power not a great idea!

****Most kill switches have 4 poles, check which poles are closed with the lanyard in place.

Phil

mrfixxall
08-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Take the purple wire off the key switch run it to the kill switch, then make up a wire to run back to the terminal you took the purple off of. Many kill switches will not last very long cutting all the power not a great idea!

****Most kill switches have 4 poles, check which poles are closed with the lanyard in place.

Phil

I thought he ment a teather!:confused:

lee
08-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I thought he ment a teather!:confused: yes a teather like on a jetski but with a toggle switch want to put it on my ankel just want to make my boat a little safer. my kill switch only has 2 wires coming out of the back

maddad
08-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Tether = Lanyard
Both pull the plug so to speak.
Interupting the the ignition on wire, like Phil described, is the same as shuting off the key.

drew0982
08-03-2007, 07:58 PM
yes a teather like on a jetski but with a toggle switch want to put it on my ankel just want to make my boat a little safer. my kill switch only has 2 wires coming out of the back

good idea! someone just lost a leg down here in the bahamas... they were making a turn and got thrown out of their boat... needless to say the prop caught them mid-turn and chopped off their leg... it's messed up and i swore i'd always try to wear my lanyard ever since that incident.