PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to change the bulb

Ranman
08-02-2007, 10:51 PM
I have the fixtures shown below on my Formula. The one in the head is burnt out and I would like to replace it so I don't have to keep peeing in the dark. I have pryed, twisted, pulled, you name it, to no avail. Does anyone know the trick to getting one of these open? I can R&R the engine in the Donzi, but a simple bulb change has me stumped.

BUIZILLA
08-03-2007, 07:03 AM
I have the same fixtures under my kitchen cabinets...

firmly grab the bezel and twist it counterclockwise about 30*, there are 3 or 4 locking tabs securing the bezel to the base, my Formula also had the same fixture in the head area as well.

boxy
08-03-2007, 07:07 AM
firmly grab the bezel and twist it counterclockwise about 30*, there are 3 or 4 locking tabs securing the bezel to the base, my Formula also had the same fixture in the head area as well.

Randy, make sure the boat is tied securely to the dock, otherwise all you are going to do is spin it around. :D

Ranman
08-03-2007, 08:13 AM

I've tried this already by hand, but I couldn't get the bexel to budge.

I think I'm going to try this with a pair of channel locks and a rag to cover and protect the light bezel.

mrfixxall
08-03-2007, 09:47 AM
push up and turn:wink:

zelatore
08-04-2007, 12:00 AM
I can't tell in the pic, but depending on how big that fixture is it looks just like the ones we use in our new Carvers (and in Silvertons, Cruisers, and some of the other brands we've handled). They're maybe 3" accross, run a 10w halogen bulb that seems to burn out every 2 hours, plastic, and break easily.

And yes, they are often very hard to get apart.

If it's the same fixture, they come apart as stated before - twist ccw about 30 degrees. It will break with chanel locks, but then again there ain't much to get hold of there by hand. If you break it, send me a close-up pic. If it's the same as what I use, I've got spares at the shop in gold and, I think, silver.