PDA

View Full Version : Duluth / Lake Superior

RedDog
07-31-2007, 07:23 PM
OK - I'm a southern boy that had no idea what it is like up in the upper mid-west until I came on a business trip. This is a really nice area. At least in late July. 90 degrees and clear blue skys. Great beach with pretty young co-eds. The water is spring clear and flat - damn I wish I had my 22 to run here!

justleft
07-31-2007, 07:51 PM
Remember in winter you get to see the ice breaker working the port.
Actually very cool to watch.

Then the women don't loose the parka's until march. (my favorite time)

Great place to learn how to drive a clutch (hills).

Love it, spent allot of the early years near there.

boxy
07-31-2007, 08:41 PM
RedDog, did you go for a swim .... :D
I spent a couple of years in Thunder Bay and Lake Superior never really got warm.
We used to road trip from Lakehead U to the University of Minn-Deluth for a change of pace every now and then, it's a great town.

RedDog
07-31-2007, 11:50 PM
RedDog, did you go for a swim .... :D

As as matter of fact I did just so I could say I did. In fact I did it twice. Now if I could only find my nuts now it would be the end of a really nice day.... :bonk:

Forrest
08-01-2007, 11:40 AM
It sure is pretty up there! I visited the UP shores of Superior near the Porcupine Mountians as couple of Julys ago. The water was way too cold to get in for this Florida boy!
Here are some July pics:

joel3078
08-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Yup very nice summers up here. Upper midwest has to be the best place to buy a preowned boat. Fresh water and typically low hours. Out of the 12 possible summer weekends, about 1/3 of them are rainy. Spring and Fall are typically a little chilly for boating. Great for fishing however. Enjoy summer while you can as white manure (snow) will be flying in the air before you know it.

Got to see this last summer. It was very cool!
http://www.apostleislandspokerrun.com/