PDA

View Full Version : Lake St. Clair this week anyone?

Carl C
07-30-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm heading out tomorrow to put in at Metro Beach and run down to the Detroit River and as far down the river as conditions allow. Would like to go to Lake Erie. If anyone would like to hook up for a good long fast run let me know. I could also make it wednesday or thursday. It's gonna be HOT this week. Take a sick day!:yes: BTW I first put this in events but no-one will see it there.:boat::)

Carl C
07-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Well I did it! I ran from Metro Beach to Lake Erie, about 80 mile round trip. (edit:after measuring on a map the route I took was closer to 120 miles round trip!) This was my most excellent boating adventure yet! Yes there was air involved. Yes my boat took a pounding but held her own. Since the lower Detroit River is literally a maze, I stuck to the shipping channel. It's a good thing too. Pic 1 shows a shoal about 30' out of the channel! It would be easy to miss if not for all the birds. To prove that I did this run I also submit pics of the "Lake St. Clair Light" in the middle of Lake St. Clair and the "Detroit River Light" on the western end of Lake Erie. I have now boated on 3 of the Great Lakes. It wouldn't take much to talk me into doing this again tomorrow. What the heck, I'll burn another $300 in gas. It's worth every penny. There was some impressive machinery out there today and I can see a bigger boat in my future.:yippie: