PDA

View Full Version : tab indicators

brwn234
07-29-2007, 11:36 PM
I really want to install a trim tab indicator on my 00 22zx. I cant decide wether or not I want the Bennett led or go mechanical. The Bennett deal looks like it will be easier and cheaper to install. But I really like the mechanical indicator better. My only problem is trying to find a place to install it. I may install it in the center guage pod over the cabin door, thats where I've seen others installed by donzi. What all is involved and what do I need to buy? Which one do you suggest? Thanks

BigGrizzly
07-31-2007, 07:19 PM
I put stainless Marine on mine I need accuracy and no variance.

Last Tango
07-31-2007, 08:20 PM
Your lucky question week.
I am installing the LED Bennett indicator switch this very week on my 22ZX. I am installing it right in the same spot on the dash as the original switch. I'm using the unit with the LED lights on each side of the switches.
Since my 22ZX is not as sensitive as Big Grizzly's Criterion, and is bunch heavier than his 18, I do not require the detailed info he does. In fact, I hardly ever use the things except to come out of the hole when I have a full load of fuel and folks.
Stay tuned. I will be posting my experience on my thread:

brwn234
07-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Last Tango, are you installing the TPI2000 or the EIC5000. I think I'm leaning twoards the EIC5000, its layed out more like the switches I have now and it comes with the auto retractor. Let me know how it turns out and how you like the controller. thanks