PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions about a Donzi 22c on Ebay

DOOZI
07-28-2007, 11:24 PM
I do not know much about this era of Donzi's or any of the i/o's of this time so I am asking here. Will the more modern flat engine hatches from the current styling fit on these boats like the one listed. Can somone positivly identify the outdrive as i am purly guessing it might be a TRS ??? Any real suitaility for high performance and parts availability. See the Ebay ad link below.. Also is this the same hull as todays 22 classic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140140307777&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

vonkamp
07-29-2007, 07:40 AM
"Florida inspection in 2006 good until 2010"

I'm not aware of any inspection requirements that warrent a sticker here in Fl and it's not a FL registration (SC mabey?). Seems a little odd to me, I would call the guy.
Oh...and the bimini has got to go.

gcarter
07-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Oh...and the bimini has got to go.
That's a nice looking bimini!!!!!
Looks a lot better than that hatch!

Carl C
07-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Oh...and the bimini has got to go. And the mailbox numbers........sorry, had to say it!

BUIZILLA
07-29-2007, 08:10 AM
interesting stack up of ORIGINAL looking top end engine parts..

Cuda
07-29-2007, 08:28 AM
I reckon he had to raise that hatch to get the risers to clear. My new Danas just barely clear by a quarter inch, but you can still see where the hatch must bounce against them occasionally while running. Yes, that is a Trs drive. I'm not sure which transmission they used in 83, but my 82 has a Merc tran.

smoothie
07-29-2007, 08:41 AM
I like the way its "rigged" on the trailer...hit the brakes and there shes go's into the bed of your truck...looks like a complete restore to me.

Sweet little 16
07-29-2007, 09:20 AM
it is similar to todays 22 hull, think the only difference is the newer ones have a reversed chine, and from the side shot probably an optical illusion but looking at the water line stripe it seems to have alot of rocker in the hull??

justleft
07-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Looks like the truck has been Donzi'ed once already.

That's an SC number, located in SC but a S. Florida Area Code.

Makes me nervous.

I think you can check the registration # with SC DMV.

It also looks like the port side of the windshield is cracked (broken).
Price of replacement is over a grand. (my starboard side is cracked)

smoothie
07-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Looks like the truck has been Donzi'ed once already.

:yes:

DonziFreak
07-29-2007, 06:06 PM
and is that a rip on the starboard captains chair? thought it said no rips :bonk:

Carl C
07-29-2007, 06:22 PM
I think a lot depends on if you're looking for a project resto or to get on the water sooner. This boat looks nice and is priced right but it is a saltwater boat. If it looks like it's been sitting outside uncovered I'd forget it. It needs to be checked for structural rot and probably has the fuel tank problem. I'd lose the windshield and make a custom AE type fairing. The trailer is long and should be savable. The engines you posted are cool; especially the Ford. It would be awesome in my '82 Mustang GT. However, I'd stick with a BBC which is the proven way to make these boats fast. You'll get a 454 to start with. Personally I'd spend more for a boat that is ready to go. You will spend the money either way. Wait until the last minute to bid; there's no sense running up the price now. Good luck and let us know what you do.

RedDog
07-29-2007, 07:46 PM
I've never owned a "salt water" boat but to me it is just a boat that you take where you want to go...

salt water doesn't mean so much to those who live / boat on the coast

VetteLT193
07-30-2007, 08:42 AM
I don't see how salt water is that bad. I've run on salt water my whole life (until now) and have never had a problem. If it's been maintained it should be good to go... And, IMO, if a boat is not well maintained in salt water it will look like crap. A boat not maintained in fresh will still look ok. Some of the most poorly maintained boats I've ever seen have looked ok because they are freshwater boats.

There is a guy that lives down the road from me that doesn't even know where to check the oil in his boat, but it looks perfect because it's a fresh water boat. (and the boat is a 1989)

I'll take the old saltwater boat that looks like it's been maintained any day.

This boat looks like it has had a paint job, and is a 10 foot paint job... you can kind of tell from the stern angle pic.

Really though, if everything checks out pretty well, a new interior, paint, and fix that hatch and you'll have one nice classic. Until then you can run it as is and fix things as you go.