PDA

View Full Version : MADCOW Torch Lake roll call...

Tony
07-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Please Sticky?

O.K., let's summarize:

Post who's coming, with what boat, and what you're doing Sunday.

Carl C
07-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Sunday I will be bringing the 22C to Charlevoix and Lake Michigan.:)

BTW I am not Carl "Atomic Tan" Chase. There will be two Carl C's. Go figure.

roadtrip se
07-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Todd and Jill with 22 Classic.

Trust me Carl, I won't mistake you for that other Carl.

hot shot
07-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Hot Shot here : I'll be at torch on sat and i guess charlavoix sun but will be flexible mabe crystal if thats what is gonna happen, i will be boating charlavoix on fri with some of by non boating buddies that should be fun. stay in touch Mick

hot shot
07-29-2007, 08:18 AM
roadtrip: i am putting my 18 up for sale if you know anyone looking, some of the cool stuff it has: billet dash with livorsi gages including digital gps, elec compass and depth gage, pop up cleats and telescoping stern light,eddie marine thunder exh, eddie marine k-plains, billet battery box's and gel batteries, interior and carpet new in 06, oh **** handles everywere, halon fire system, color matched tandam axle trailer with led lights custom wheels and new tires, and thats not all . i will be getting it listed soon. looking forward to torch lake. talk to ya later

roadtrip se
07-29-2007, 11:01 AM
roadtrip: i am putting my 18 up for sale if you know anyone looking, some of the cool stuff it has: billet dash with livorsi gages including digital gps, elec compass and depth gage, pop up cleats and telescoping stern light,eddie marine thunder exh, eddie marine k-plains, billet battery box's and gel batteries, interior and carpet new in 06, oh **** handles everywere, halon fire system, color matched tandam axle trailer with led lights custom wheels and new tires, and thats not all . i will be getting it listed soon. looking forward to torch lake. talk to ya later

Mick,

You may want to talk to YGrowup aka Dave at Torch. He is a boat dealer with a soft spot for a Donzi Classic and would probably give your boat the attention it needs to get it sold. I would also get it listed here.

See ya soon.

tiger lily
07-29-2007, 04:20 PM

thats a nice boat, i recieved a few calls the night of the 4th, alot of people saw us running up the river that night, have fun up north, wish i could make it

hot shot
07-30-2007, 07:45 AM
Matt: i need to get your fone # cuz those 20 ft cig guys like to go have breakfast at elba mar on sun morn's we meet at mike baldwin's house on horse island and smoke out into the lake and over to elba mar then after we do a lap around grosse ile, its a great way to start a sunday.

blackhawk
07-30-2007, 06:21 PM
For those of you still on the fence that haven't been to Torch before here's another pic. This is from last weekend and it's a scanned pic so I lost quality. In person the water is even more clear/blue!

gold-n-rod
07-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks, Scott, for getting this back on subject. This is a "roll call" post. Please keep your "For Sale" and other purpose posts where they belong.

I am boating on Torch on Saturday, by hook or by crook. My boat or someone else's.

Sunday, I'll be at Crystal.

If you are boating Crystal, PM me for directions to the road end where we'll be launching all the boats. The "ramp" is gravel, but I've never had a problem launching my 24 footer. There's plenty of parking and the ramp is protected from all but a stiff northerly wind.

Great fun, looking forward to sharing it with all Donzi brothers (and sisters!).

ygrowup
08-01-2007, 11:44 AM
We'll be at Torch Sat. Leaning towards Charlevoix Sun, but equal chance we're sliding north to the U.P. White / red 22........

Double D's (Dave & Dave show)

Atomic Tan
08-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Torch Saturday
Carl-Red 22'
Patti-Red/white 16'

Charlevoix Sunday
Red 22'

Carl & Patti

tamburello
08-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to make it. We were looking forward to seeing everyone and running on Torch. Have fun!

- Jeff

DonziChris
08-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Will be going to north port on Friday, Will try and meet up with you guys sat at torch. Bringing an 18 take care Chris

Avialanche
08-05-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm gonna try to make this one, been a member on this site for two years and never made it to a Donzi gathering, will do Torch lake on Saturday Will be bringing myself, my dogs and a 1996 Donzi 275 LXC Medellion (Sport Cruiser). Is 48 MPH top speed fast enough to keep up with the pack?

Tony
08-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Cherrie and I are at Torch on Saturday, of course, but have a full boat...plus some.

Crystal Lake for me Sunday...but maybe w/o the wife.

Avialanche
08-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Is there anyplace on Torch lake where i can get ShorePower since i'll be arriving Friday night.

gold-n-rod
08-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Is there anyplace on Torch lake where i can get ShorePower since i'll be arriving Friday night.

You might check with Dewitt Marine http://www.dewittmarine.com/

or Torch River Marine http://www.torchlake.com/torchrivermarine/

I've stayed at both and they are run by good folks. They are very popular and are probably filled up, but maybe there's a last minute cancellation. It's worth a try. If push comes to shove, maybe they'll let you part it in their yard and run an extension cord to a building.

Good luck.

gold-n-rod
08-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Weather update:

From weather.com

Fri Aug 10 Partly Cloudy 85°/59° 10% chance of rain

Sat Aug 11 Partly Cloudy 85°/62° 10% chance of rain

Sun Aug 12 Mostly Sunny 88°/61° 10% chance of rain

:)

Avialanche
08-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks fior the links/help, i tried to reach Dewitt during their regular business hours, no answer. We're launching/meeting up at the Eastport Ramp/Landing right?

gold-n-rod
08-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks fior the links/help, i tried to reach Dewitt during their regular business hours, no answer. We're launching/meeting up at the Eastport Ramp/Landing right?

Yupper, the northernmost tip of the lake.... it's a county park/ramp. 10 am on Sat. BTW, Dewitt's is about halfway up the lake on the east side (Clam River) and TRM is on the very south end (Torch River). Hope you get a mooring. If not, you can get wet early on Saturday.

The weather's supposed to be hot and overcast!!!!!!! No rain!!

Carl C
08-09-2007, 09:11 PM
What is he meeting place and time sunday on Charlevoix?

Carl C
08-10-2007, 05:32 AM
What is he meeting place and time sunday on Charlevoix? ttt. I need to know this. I've reread both threads and no one has posted this info.:confused:

Carl C
08-10-2007, 06:23 AM
What is he meeting place and time sunday on Charlevoix? HELLO?? Did everyone leave already? No one has posted meeting or contact info for Charlevoix.:(

roadtrip se
08-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Sorry about that Carl. Guess most of us are going to be up north for the weekend, so it slipped.

We will most likely launch at the Boyne City municipal ramp on the east side of Lake Charlevoix. Been there with Carl and Patti. Decent facilities.

We have a front coming through Saturday night that is going to churn the big lake up. The wind and waters are supposed to subside by early afternoon Sunday, so I would imagine that we will get out by mid-morning, do the Lake Charlevoix rich and shameless house tour, and then start poking our noses out for a quick look see. Standard drill.

If you can get up to the area by 10:30-11:00, I would imagine you would be in good shape. I will PM you my cell number, so you can let us know if you are coming.

Atomic Tan
08-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Carl C,
Roadtrip and I are staying in Charlevoix so we'll launch at the Charlevoix municipal ramp instead of Boyne City. Boyne City, Ironton, and Charlevoix are all excellent ramps. I suggest we plan on meeting on Round Lake at 10:00 (where the Charlevoix city docks are located). Call me Saturday for an update (734)368-0247
Atomic Tan Carl

Carl C
08-10-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm still not sure I'll make it but now I have yours and Todd's numbers and the info I'll need. Thanks. If no one hears from me by 9 or 10 then I won't be there.:boat:

Atomic Tan
08-10-2007, 01:41 PM
If we're hangin on Charlevoix there are any number of easy to find places to hook-up so don't worry about rushing to get there.