PDA

View Full Version : 1974 24' Donzi Spitfire, Ontario

ColdWaterDonzi
07-26-2007, 11:10 AM
I bought this boat in April 07' off its owner of 30+ years. It was her fathers, he passed, she got it from his estate.

1974 24' Donzi Spitfire
Twin V8 Corvette Engines (280hp each)
TRS Drives
3 Bladed Cleaver Props
White Ext, White & Blue Interior
NO Trailer is avaliable

Things havn't gone well for me @ work, and I have a new house closing in Mid August that I'm obviously committed to. Costs have escalated for the home more than anticipated, sadly this boat needs to go to a new deserving owner, one of you gentlemen deserve this boat more than I do...

It will be going in the local trader for next weeks issue. The price in the autotrader will be $14,500.

The price to a Donzi member here will be $13,500. Many of you know what the boat sold for in April. Since receiving the boat I have put money into it, and would not like to lose on what I have into the vessle.

Expenses I have paid to get this boat:
$200 to get boat from harbour (crane, crew fees, unionized workers, nothing is free there...)
$700 marina repair bill (Impellers, Plug wires, starter solenoids,oil/drive oil, new reproduced decals, etc.)
$575 Insurance
$300 In water survey, by an acredited surveyor (still awaiting bill, hope it isn't more than that..)
I also extended my dock to hold this boat, not that I'd expect anyone to cover my costs for that.
I have also put in hours cleaning the boat out, washed V birth covers, waxed exterior, all the good things any Donzi lover would do.
I'm not claiming this is a perfect specimen, but it is very good for the age and any boat lover will be able to complete the simple fixes it may need (blower, bilge, minor items).

I know this boat has value and that is why I'm looking to cover my costs and not turn a profit on this. The surveyor advised me its worth more than I am asking for it. We all know the motors and drive/props alone are worth $10,000. Basically, I need to sell it, my loss is your gain. I have put maybe 3 hours on this craft since I've had it. Its been very frustrating, not being able to afford or have time to use this boat, while trying to earn money for our new home. Bad timing on my behalf, caught the Donzi fever and went against my gut purchasing this boat.

The boat has a mismatching windshield panel, I have contacted a plastics company about a reproduction shield. They can do it, although I never got a formal quote from them.

Boat is located in Bobcaygeon, ON and I have no means of transporting it (no truck, no trailer). I am only there on weekends, viewings can be arranged without me there with proper notice. It is docked at my inlaws home.
Please email me with any inquiries.

calbroderick@gmail.com

http://x-h2o.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11360/donziside.JPG
http://x-h2o.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11360/donziinterior.JPG
http://x-h2o.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11360/donzimotor.JPG

Greg K
07-26-2007, 12:28 PM
You guys in Miamuh..you see this?

BUIZILLA
07-26-2007, 12:37 PM
if it was an El Pescador it would have been a done deal already.... I gotta enough boats with decks.. :cool:

Morgan's Cloud
07-26-2007, 01:40 PM
... I gotta enough boats with decks.. :cool:
:D :D

RickSE
07-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Is that US or Canadian dollars on the asking price? That's one hell of a boat and a great piece of history. I sure hope it goes to a Donzi person.

Scott Pearson
07-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Where can reach you?

ColdWaterDonzi
07-27-2007, 08:40 AM
$13,000 USD FIRM
$13,500 CAD FIRM

Received 7 emails in less than 24 hours. Thanks to everyones interest, I'm replying to everyone via email.

I think the price is fair on both ends, an extra few grand into this boat and you would have one of the cleanest 24's avaliable today. I'm sure of it.

Or just drive it as is and still turn heads. I have to say its in great shape for a 74. More pics will be taken this weekend. Many of the potential buyers are in excess of 5 hours.

I want to make sure I provide you with the pictures you want before making the journey. Its a responsible thing to do, I don't want to waste my or any of your time, if its not what you're after. I'm pretty sure it is what you are after though:wink:

ColdWaterDonzi
07-27-2007, 04:03 PM
I am leaving for the weekend. I have a very seriuous buyer making his way to the boat as we speak. I will update with new pics on Monday if the boat is not sold. i will post if it is.

thanks to everyone for the inquiries.

Ed Donnelly
07-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Cal; Whether its sold or not,,,we would all love to see some more pics....Ed

superhatz
07-28-2007, 02:13 AM
Holy smokes that's a good deal!!!!!:eek!:

ColdWaterDonzi
07-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Boat is SOLD, thank you for everyones inquiries.

I will post some more pictures, when I can access my home CPU again. Only have access at work for now.

olredalert
07-30-2007, 08:10 AM
-------Cal is a great young guy who will have another DONZI, Im betting, soon!!! He and his pals did a fine job of cleaning up this rarity and Im honored to have been able to purchase it. Spitfire will be coming to Michigan this week and enjoyed for the remainder of the summer in the Harsens Island area.........Bill S

chappy
07-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Bill,

Congratulations. Best of luck with this rare and beautiful boat.:cool!:

Rich

superhatz
07-31-2007, 01:04 AM
Great to hear it's going to another good home........congrats!

smoothie
07-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Congrats Bill,,, you must be a pretty fast draw...I thought for sure it was heading south.

BUIZILLA
07-31-2007, 01:29 PM
once I knew Bill was on it, I was off it, then Pearson was in front of me anyways... however, my finger IS on something else..

Sagbay32
07-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Congrats Bill on the rare "24 Classic". I believe it is an honor to own a Spitfire. I will look forward to seeing her sometime.

Mike

Lenny
08-01-2007, 12:36 AM
-------Cal is a great young guy who will have another DONZI, Im betting, soon!!! He and his pals did a fine job of cleaning up this rarity and Im honored to have been able to purchase it. Spitfire will be coming to Michigan this week and enjoyed for the remainder of the summer in the Harsens Island area.........Bill S

THIS boat went to the RIGHT Guy IMO...

Cal, you pulled off a Class act as well.

Hope to see you again here SOON and float. Take care.

And best wishes Bill. :yes:

:yes:

:)

boldts
08-01-2007, 06:11 AM
WOW.......Bill told me about this purchase in e-mails back and forth about a shirt order. Bill.....please adopt me and leave this one in your will to me!!! I'm kidding of course, but sir, I love your new Donzi and the colors are perfect!. I can't wait to get up North and see her in person.

ColdWaterDonzi
08-01-2007, 08:39 AM
I couldn't have found a better purchaser. Bill is a class act individual, and put in the driving time to come see my boat.

We went for a nice 30 min cruise through the chain of lakes (about 5 of us) I'm on, in the early morning. What a nice ride, a storm was brewing and the lake was flat and all was quiet. Calm before the strom scenario. Perfect last run with my boat:)

I'm happy the boat is making its way to a person who will take care of it.

Keep all us informed with your progress.

Best of luck with her!

Cal
:canada: