PDA

View Full Version : AOTH VII Has Come and Gone BUT

boldts
07-25-2007, 05:13 PM
For those of you who weren't able to be with us, here's your chance to take a little bit of AOTH VII with you when your clubing at the waterfront or riding on your Donzi of choice.

As you know, we honored the Donzi Corsican this year. Jeff Dykama put together one outstanding shirt design for us this year just as he has for the last few years. Jeff, your help in bringing this Donzi model to our shirts was just FANTASTIC!

Our model for AOTH VIII? Give me your thoughts. Been a while since we've seen a nice X-18 Donzi shirt.......Who knows, it usually hits me some morning while standing in a hot shower. LOL

If you would like to order one of this year's AOTH VII gathering shirts and support the Midwest Donzi Club, please go to the club website using the link below. You'll have an opportunity to order using your credit card through PayPal or you can send a check to me. Since the shirts are printed and sizes available are listed on the website, shipping will be imediately. How-ever, when they're gone, they're gone. You will never see this shirt again unless you meet someone wearing one. Get yours while supplies last!

To Order Go Here: Midwest Donzi Club (http://www.mwdonziclub.com/mwdcmerch.htm)

glashole
07-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Scott

why don't you do the blackhawk next year:):)

boldts
07-30-2007, 05:42 AM
Well a Classic BlackHawk edition would be interesting since it would include not only the 22', but a few 18s and X-18s that have been modified to use the BlackHawk drive. Picture would be easy. A ROOSTER TAIL a couple hundred yards long behind the boat. LOL

I really enjoyed the experience on yours. Thank-you so much this past May.

Magicallbill
08-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Scott;
An off-topic plug here..
Roadtrip,myself, Jason and maybe Grizz are gonna meet at Cumberland on the 19th,20th and 21st of Aug. That's Sun-Mon-Tues..
Roadtrip and Jill bought my 18 Scorp,(long story), and we've cooked up this bash. I think he has a friend with a Blackhawk that might show;Jason's and my restores will be there, and maybe another Donzi or two.
This is short-notice, but you would be really welcome if you could make it.

Take care,

Magic.

CHACHI
08-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Scott, my T shirt arrived today.
Thanks,
Ken

boldts
08-03-2007, 06:01 AM
Bill, Todd, Randy, Robert and everyone else looking to get together at Cumberland. I may be able to come down for the day on Sunday, but work has me Monday and Tuesday. Let me know where you all will be and if the cards fall right....I'll at least try to see and meet you all for a day.

If not, thank-you very much for thinking of me. I'd love to see your boats. That in itself is all the motivation I need to make the trip. Take Care everyone!

Ken, glad the shirt got to you. Thank-you for your support of the club!

Magicallbill
08-07-2007, 01:59 AM
Scott;
We cannot be down there 'till Sun eve. I am certainly not vain enough to think our restores are the main reason your coming down, however, I want you to know that we'd probably miss each other since you have to get back Sun. Nite.
This way, you have all the cards before you take off down there.
If you had Mon off, it'd be a better bang for your mileage..If your driving there-and-back in one day, you need to see as many Donzi's as possible, and I'm not sure yet who'll be there besides Roadtrip.
Take care,

B....

Magicallbill
08-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Scott;
Another note..
WE will NOT be at Cumberland on the 19th..Have to make it another time..

Do you know yet when the AOTH dates are for 2008?
Jason and I would like to actually attend(Roadtrip says we MUST..)
I need to know the exact dates so our agent can block off our performances for that week..
I know I've sounded like a broken record,saying every year we'll come..
In '08, we can bring both the 16 restores..
The Lake will probably be at the same pool as they continue to repair the dam.
There are no logs to speak of..I admit, that's been my main reason for abstaining in the past.
Let me know..Thanks,
Bill

boldts
08-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Bill, you forget I live in Central OH where Donzi Classics are non-exsistant. The occassional ZX, but almost never a Classic here.

Dates for Awakening of the Horses VIII (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) (2008) are May 15th through the 18th. (Weekend before Memorial Day weekend)

No decission on the honor Donzi yet, but I have thoughts of either the X-18 or maybe the 24' Donzi models as a group on the shirt. I'd love to see a 24' Donzi Spitfire in full song on a t-shirt. (Someone up in MI is shooting pics of Bill's running on the lake right? LOL)

boldts
08-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Awakening of the Horses VII shirt blow-out. Need to make room for our 2008 design. Also, I don't have a bunch of storage space anymore to keep shirts laying around. Hard to believe, but Christmas is only 4 months away.

Get your orders in before they are gone. Btw, shirts that don't sell each year have been donated to local charities here in Central OH. Yes, it's just a tee shirt, but kids wearing them and helping them to keep warm is a good thing in my opinion. Not to mention, that child may remember that boat on their shirt and be part of a new generation of Donzi owners someday.

Take care everyone!

Last Tango
08-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Scott,
How about this shirt design:
Above the front POCKET of the WHITE T-shirt, is the AOTH VIII logo
On the BACK of the shirt is a black ink image of Don Aronow's face as the background, the word DONZI below his face (also in black), and a collage overlay of the letters/words in RED for the different model types, i.e. Classic, ZR, ZX, ZF, Z, X-18, Sweet 16, Spitfire, GT, Medallion, etc, and the special edition names like Scorpion, Shelby, 40th Anniversary, etc, and the engine types: Mercury, Volvo, Holman- Moody, Ilmor.

gero1
08-17-2007, 08:32 PM
i vote it should be a black hawk weekend!!!! maybe an award for the shortest towed b/h, or one from another country. 18's????? did'nt yall do the 18 already? i have a friend that bought his wife an 18...... kinda like buying your wife an 883 harley, start small and work your way up. maybe we could get grizz to get bad tat to come out of retirement? hell for that matter i'll go down to g.a and get him, it's only a 4 hour drive. well a black hawk weekend it is, i am very glad this is settled