PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Blackhawk Hull # 1 ?????

DonCig
07-25-2007, 12:00 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Donzi-BlackHawk-Limited-Edition_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ80652QQihZ010QQ itemZ200131625147QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

RickSE
07-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Did you notice that the magazine cover boat has different graphics? He claims that it's the boat used on the cover but the deck graphics are completely different. Don't most of the BH's have the cover boat graphics?

chappy
07-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Photo #2 is a nice running shot, would be awesome in better focus.

Rich

barrukis1
07-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Not to mention it doesnt have a Blackhawk HIN - like mine is DNABH-------,
or the fact it does not have a blackhawk drive, and the graphics are different.:confused: and the exhaust is at a different level.

mrfixxall
07-25-2007, 05:13 PM
And wheres all the gold trim? and hydrolic steering?

Lenny
07-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Those exhaust tips look to be about 3" LOW so that would almost make me think that he has a standard 22' CLASSIC X-dimension, running a BRAVO at the stock location, and with the Blackhawk drive he would have been too deep (by 3-ish inches) .

Or, he has some whacky exhaust on there...

Mr X
07-25-2007, 06:28 PM
The HIN indicates hull number 16....not hull number 1 !

BigGrizzly
07-25-2007, 06:45 PM
No body's perfect. The graphics were the first thing than its down hill from there

fegettes
07-26-2007, 04:19 AM
The HIN indicates hull number 16....not hull number 1 !

I have hull #16.

Mr X
07-26-2007, 04:48 AM
Well there ya go, that proves it!
Please post your HIN #

BUIZILLA
07-26-2007, 06:47 AM
so, how does one go about getting all the original deck and hull decals to clone a BH ??

Pismo
07-26-2007, 07:44 AM
The guy slapped BH graphics on a standard 22 and is trying to pass it off as a true BH? WTF? Where do these people come from?

glashole
07-26-2007, 07:50 AM
do you seriously think this is what is going on or is it just someone that has been given the wrong information? :confused:

didn't the first one have chrome hdwe etc.. and have a bravo after the blackhawk wasn't set at the right spot?

I honestly do not know and am just going off what I have heard here

Shea

roadtrip se
07-26-2007, 08:37 AM
so, how does one go about getting all the original deck and hull decals to clone a BH ??

All BHLEs that I have seen have the gaphics done in paint. No decals anywhere. The gaphics on the hood definitely aren't right at least compared to the others I have seen.

The serial number for BHLE should also have "BH" in it too. Thriller's boat is
"DNABH032H96" which makes it 32 in the LE series.

Mr X
07-26-2007, 09:18 AM
All BHLEs that I have seen have the gaphics done in paint. No decals anywhere. The gaphics on the hood definitely aren't right at least compared to the others I have seen.
The serial number for BHLE should also have "BH" in it too. Thriller's boat is
"DNABH032H96" which makes it 32 in the LE series.

Holy schnizel! We agree 100% again!!! :wink:

BERTRAM BOY
07-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Not to mention it doesnt have a Blackhawk HIN - like mine is DNABH-------,
or the fact it does not have a blackhawk drive, and the graphics are different.:confused: and the exhaust is at a different level.

It was my understanding that not many of the Blackhawks shared the same X-dimension. I was told that they were constantly "experimenting". Maybe Ted can shead some light on this.

scott snider
07-26-2007, 01:31 PM
This is very interesting! I have hull # DNAC2001J394 with documentation from Donzi that it was built with the Blackhawk package. I also have the paper work from Donzi of the removal of the Blackhawk drive and the installation of the Bravo One and 2 inch drive spacer. The boat is a standard classic hull with a 2 inch higher X demension.
What is interesting about the LE on Ebay is that hull #DNAC2016L394 is 15 hulls after mine was built and only a few months later. Its for sure Donzi was experimenting with different Blackhawk designs at that time. It appears in the pictures that it has a stock X demension. It does have the same small 110 K planes that my boat came with ( which I think are perfect for the standard classic hull) I wonder if this could be the first LE put together for promotion and experimention. PS After a couple years of work I have Hull # 001 restored with new bigger power and iam in the process of dialing it in. 22 CLASSICS ROCK DONZI'S ARE NUMBER ONE!!!!
Scott

justleft
07-26-2007, 03:00 PM
To bad the seller doesn't have documentation like Scott.

Sure does not look like the same graphics as the mag and promo shots.

scott snider
07-26-2007, 07:08 PM
To bad the seller doesn't have documentation like Scott
If anybody has questions about there Donzi or possibly a Donzi they where interested in buying. You can call Donzi and talk customer service they might be able to help you,thats how I got all the info on my hull. Have your hull # and they might be able to find it in there archives they were very freindly and helpful. Scott

gero1
07-26-2007, 09:40 PM
i know it's not a rocker hull just by looking at the pic of it on the trailer, but i can't see anyone spending that amount of cash to make it look like a b.h...would love to see a real pic of the dashboard! what is on the pass. side about half way back from the front of the windsheild on the deck? 2 little crome thingy's are sticking up?

Lenny
07-27-2007, 01:15 AM
GREAT POST Don.. :yes:

Very interesting and I hope someone saves the pics, URL and whatever they can from this post. We NEED to archive this...

BUIZILLA
07-27-2007, 06:17 AM
ok, it's been a nice tennis game... :dolphin:

what exactly do we have here then ??

roadtrip se
07-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Just a Classic with a nice paint job.

Even the sheep's clothing BH's have all the telltale signs of the BH setup and this has not one of them.

Case closed.

roadtrip se
07-29-2007, 09:25 AM
A little birdy let me know several weeks back that a certain all white BH with too much power was going to southern Ohio. And to a board member.
That board member was even quietly shopping for an extra drive.

So what is the big secret? How she run? Too busy cleaning up the shorts after that first ride to post?

Enquiring minds want to know!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49479

BigGrizzly
07-29-2007, 09:30 AM
I have an original add of the Blackhawk and that boat isn't it. Donzi never just tests a paint job. They did experiment with some X dimensions. They named it the Blackhawk after the drive combinationand paint sceam, not the paint job alone.

Mr X
07-29-2007, 09:33 AM
I cant take it anymore....I will find out for sure tomorrow! :confused:

BigGrizzly
07-29-2007, 09:37 AM
I was waiting to see how long Captain Ted was going to sit back and listen to this.

VetteLT193
07-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Playing devil's advocate:

-The deck could have been repainted, it is only shown with a cockpit cover and it's over 10 years old. On repaint it would probably be much cheaper to have the deck graphics recreated in vinyl stick on, which is also much cheaper in smaller sizes...

-Donzi could have at least experimented with a standard 22 hull with the blackhawk drive at some point? It would be logical that it was the first one too...

-I don't think I've seen a single LE that doesn't have some problems with the gold trim... So, if it needed a deck repaint, it probably had pretty nuked hardware too and it could all be pretty easily replaced.

Regardless, we won't ever know without some real documentation:boggled:

Mr X
07-30-2007, 07:31 AM
We will know later today.....:wink:

fegettes
07-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Well there ya go, that proves it!
Please post your HIN #

I finally remembered to get that number. It is:

DNABH016I495

RickSE
07-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Didn't Bryant's BH also lack the gold plating? I thought it did but it was by his own choice.

Mr X
07-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Well crap! I can not find out anything about this boat at this time.
I will keep digging.

CHACHI
07-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Didn't Bryant's BH also lack the gold plating? I thought it did but it was by his own choice.
If Bryant was a Donzi employee this may be true because a Blackhawk sold 2 summers ago from the St Lawrance. Boat came from, I wanna say North Carolina, Georgia? Maybe? The current owner at the time said that a Donzi employee (the guy who he purchased it from) had it built without the the gold accents.

Ken

RickSE
07-30-2007, 02:20 PM
If Bryant was a Donzi employee ...

Yes.

mrfixxall
07-30-2007, 02:29 PM
I em the guy that owns this boat and he said he changed the gold to crome because og the gold plating wareing off,,i dont know how how he got at the bow ring(where you attach the winch strap to) gotta be real skinny to get at it..he also stated that their was a signature by the serial # of the artists name that did the geaffix on the boat so what is it?

BigGrizzly
07-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Th first time I saw Bryant's boat was at universal studio rally. It was enginless at the time. He had a box with all the gold metalwork and said he wasn't going to put it on because it would wear off easily. The next time I saw it it was at Sarasota and had a 454 in it not a 502. He tried to sell a couple of times then it was sold to a guy in the.Carolinas

roadtrip se
07-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Especially when there are a whole flurry of nice and LEGITIMATE BHLE's out there for sale at more resonable prices? One popped up here a few weeks back in Canada that looked like a real plum with low hours and a bunch of extras. Quite a few others too. Plenty to be had.

Bryant's boat will stick out pretty easily when it surfaces again, because it has a series number like number 37 or 38 of 40 and shows as a 1995 model year, when it should be 1996. The engine and some of the other custom touches give it away too. One thing for sure, it IS a genuine BH hull.

This thing isn't.

chappy
07-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Not that much fuss, bidding ended almost 48 hours ago without a single bid.:biggrin.:

Rich

Team Jefe
07-31-2007, 08:38 PM
I finally remembered to get that number. It is:
DNABH016I495

Steve - did you finally sell the hawk?

I was coming back from Grand Isle LA this past Sunday and saw a BHLE headed east right at the Sabine River bridge, light colored Ford SD I think??????

fegettes
08-01-2007, 05:57 AM
Steve - did you finally sell the hawk?
I was coming back from Grand Isle LA this past Sunday and saw a BHLE headed east right at the Sabine River bridge, light colored Ford SD I think??????

No, I haven't sold it. And I certainly hope you didn't see it going down the road. That just would not be good at all.

I am sad that I will not be able to make it to PK this year. Some how, Work is dictating what I can not do this year. There is some thing wrong with this picture.

Steve

Mr X
08-01-2007, 06:22 AM
Especially when there are a whole flurry of nice and LEGITIMATE BHLE's out there for sale at more resonable prices? One popped up here a few weeks back in Canada that looked like a real plum with low hours and a bunch of extras. Quite a few others too. Plenty to be had.
Bryant's boat will stick out pretty easily when it surfaces again, because it has a series number like number 37 or 38 of 40 and shows as a 1995 model year, when it should be 1996. The engine and some of the other custom touches give it away too. One thing for sure, it IS a genuine BH hull.
This thing isn't.

There is always the chance that this could be the very first prototype.
Thats what I am trying to confirm.......or de-bunk.
It is always fun investigating things like this.

Pismo
08-01-2007, 07:13 AM
The 96 would be the year to get. That was the first year of the Gen VI with the roller cam setup.

smokediver
08-01-2007, 07:15 AM
When Bryant was down here visiting his folks a few years back he brought his blackhawk down and i stored it for him over the weeked . He painted the boat himself , no decals , all paint ... it was a beautiful boat with stainless hardware and a built 454 ...

Team Jefe
08-01-2007, 01:07 PM
No, I haven't sold it. And I certainly hope you didn't see it going down the road. That just would not be good at all.
I am sad that I will not be able to make it to PK this year. Some how, Work is dictating what I can not do this year. There is some thing wrong with this picture.
Steve

Well I did see a BH leaving Texas, so you may want to make sure it is where you left it:boggled:

smokediver
08-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Wasnt that an old Merle Haggard song??? :D :D :D
No , Merle's song involved a boat , a dog and a mad woman ... i think you are thinking of george strait :yes: