PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on a 460 motor built in GA

smoke on the waqter
07-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Hey, this may be an odd post but here goes. I purchased a 22 Classic from a guy in Atlanta last year. It was posted here on the registry. The boat came with a built 460. I believe he had gotten some advice on what to have done to the motor from someone here. So here is the question. Does anyone know about a 460 bored .60 over with trick flow heads built in Atlanta? Who is the resident 460 afficianodo who might be able to shed some light on this motor? I finally started working on putting the boat together and cannot find any of the paperwork I had with it. I have the motor in the boat, It's been adapted using a TCI adapter, to fit a Brand new ZR dive that I had. That worked out pretty nicely so far. Now it would be nice to find out the valve lash, compression, fuel(I'm gusseing it's not pump gas). If anyone could help identify the exaust system that would be great. I can email a photo. I am kind of at a stand still with the project due to the exuast not fitting under the deck. Thanks and any help would be apreciated? I put the motor up for sale in the classified section but I am getting curious. Since I have gone this far with the project Maybe I should stick with it.
Ford Goudey 704-239-1544

BigGrizzly
07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
That motor came from North Carolina and was put together by the owner. Never saw the motor or the boat. I think his name was Morese or something like that. He has a set of CMI split tops but no top or tail pipe. I can't dig any other information up.

smoke on the waqter
07-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks scott and grizzley, I am not sure what to do with the exuast. I need to remove about 2 inches off of the top section. Do you think CMI could make some sort of modification? If I was to purchase a custom exaust would you have any recomendations. I have a Stainless marine exuast am considering heading back to a BBC.

smoke on the waqter
07-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Wow, Do you stock those or who should I contact? That blows me away. If it's that easy I will hit myself on the head with a large wrench!

mrfixxall
07-24-2007, 08:54 PM
SOTW,,ive used those adaptors and they work! just have to use a o ring style gasget i found work the best..now you can use your stainless exhaust..

BigGrizzly
07-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Yes CMI can help I told him that mine are drop down like what you. are trying to do with the top elbows. I think Garry Grimes auto Machine has an extra set.

98shovel
07-25-2007, 10:21 AM
i do believe those heads alllready are set up for bbc exhaust u should not need any adapter if the bolts are all in a row its bbf if thier offset then its bbc
dan at lightning can make u a set of headers that will fit with out any issues
most of the manifold style exhaust will block the spark plug holes

smoke on the waqter
07-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Great feedback, I will look closer at the bolt pattern and will also check out the CMI Drop down option. I will take a look at it tommorrow nite. This is good news and thanks a ton.

WA-LO
07-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey Scott, do they make those addapters for 427 ford to BBC ?

BUIZILLA
07-25-2007, 06:09 PM
I think it only fits 429 and 460... no FE family...