PDA

View Full Version : In need of an ECM 454 mag mpi

DON-Z-26ZX
07-24-2007, 08:02 AM
So goes my continued "SAGA" with the Donzi....I had first thought this would be something easy to troubleshoot & repair, but it went down hill last nite & quickly.....
I'm not 100% sure I do, but I am about 95% sure that I need to replace my ECM. Boat ran good all day Friday, Saturday went out, & running 4000rpms, & then dropped back to idle, checked everything...all was good. Got back up on plane, & again, back to idle (throttle was still in same position). Did this a couple more times, then I just put it back on the trailer & brought it home. I tried to run it last nite, & that is when it turned real bad, I get nothing...I have power everywhere, it turns over, but I don't hear the fuel pump running, & no spark. I tried to check for any trouble codes, the harness has .5 volt on the positive side of the test terminal, & I'm pretty sure it should be 12v there. So, I'm quite sure my ECM is the problem....just my luck...LOL...
So, I am hoping that someone may have a good working used one they are just dieing to get rid of...Again, 99 454 mag mpi. Or perhaps, someone knows of someone who repairs the ECM's. I plan on taking the boat down to have someone put a scan tool on it, & hopefully I missed something, but I think it's gone. Drop me a PM, or email if you or know of someone who has one they want to part with....
So much for reliability of the EFI...perhaps I should look at going carb...LOL...

The Hedgehog
07-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Call Mark Boos of PMEFI. I think that they are PMEFI.com. They are in Slidell LA. If you can't find it let me know and I will dig up the number. This guy is one of the masters of EFI programming and reprogramming. Lot's of time on the dyno developing and doing good stuff. He has made my engine mods seemless. He is pretty reasonable as well. He can make EFI mods very turn key.

DON-Z-26ZX
07-25-2007, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the info, I've seen his name all over several forums, & read nothing but good stuff about him & what he can do. I will call him this morning, & hopefully run over there on Friday.