PDA

View Full Version : Factory internal hyd. steering?

osur866
07-23-2007, 11:10 PM
For you guys that just have the factory internal hyd. sterring ram do you notice that the steering wheel seems to never end up in the same position after making turns? Mine seems to never be back a center after turning, is this because there is no cable that is fixed? Is it normal or not? Thanks

gcarter
07-24-2007, 05:20 AM
Yup, normal.

zelatore
07-24-2007, 06:23 PM
You think that's a problem, try it with a dual helm boat! I don't know how many times I've had to explain to customers that I'm sorry, but there's no way to make the wheel 'straight' when the rudders are straight.

gero1
07-24-2007, 10:44 PM
funny my wheel always came back to center....maybe i had a different kind of internal hyd. steering

maddad
07-25-2007, 05:58 AM
If the shaft comes out both sides of the cylinder, it's balanced and will use the same amount of turns both ways.
If the shaft only comes out one side it is unbalanced, and the side with greater volume will need more turns of the wheel to fill it.

zimm17
07-25-2007, 11:21 AM
My wheel points a different direction every time. Heck, different speeds change which way the wheel points. Dual rams, full hydraulic.

osur866
07-25-2007, 06:27 PM
It's the factory internal teleflex called sea star?? Has a single ram, Yes everytime you turn seems to not come back to center while going straight, seems like different speeds also effect where it ends up at. Just seems strange going straight and looking down at the wheel and it's pointed towards the right or upside down. Seems to work very well at all speeds just weird everytime I turn and then straighten out for the wheel to be in a little different place. Thanks for the info.