PDA

View Full Version : Another hydraulic steering question

yeller
07-23-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm finally getting around to installing the WPM system that I picked up over a year ago.
I'm not 100% sure of the plumbing from the helm to the cooler and filter. I've attached a word document that has the diagram from WPM and a (crappy) drawing of my stock merc system.
Based on the 2 drawings, my thinking is I go from the helm to the (merc steering) ram side of the cooler for the low pressure side and from the steering ram side of the PS pump to the filter and then to the helm (for the hi press side). Basically, I insert my helm where the merc ram is.
Also, because the stock system uses a reservoir, I don't need to utilize the WPM reservoir.
Is this correct??

yeller
07-23-2007, 09:41 PM
I have the drawings. I can't seem to upload the Word doc that shows WPM drawings and the crappy one I made of the stock system.

I upload the file, but it won't attach. Any suggestions?

smoothie
07-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Maybe this drawing will help you with it,can you make a copy of your drawings and scan em then upload?
http://www.imcomarine.com/pages/orderinginfo.html#lock%20to%20lock

yeller
07-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks smoothie. I was looking at my drawings some more last night and it made more sense to me. Your link confirms my thinking.