PDA

View Full Version : Pristine original '78 18 2+3

Islander
07-22-2007, 05:48 PM
This is as original an example of an 18' 2+3 of this vintage as you will ever see. When I set out to look for an 18 I wanted a Chisolm era boat in perfect and untouched condition. After an extensive search I found this gem. It is original down to the Donzi bag and key float. This 2+3 lived in Michigan all of it's life under the care of two previous meticulous owners until I bought it in April of 2003. Since then it has been impeccably maintained and is in 100% perfect running order. The original gelcoat is beautiful and the combination of sky blue and baby blue is quite unusual. Original 350 Mercruiser runs flawlessly and pushes the boat to an honest 59 MPH measured by GPS. Exhaust manifolds were replaced with Stainless Marine units. Alpha drive was rebuilt and has about 30 hours of running time on it since. The interior was redone by the previous owner and is in very good shape.

The Rocket Aluminum single axle trailer was purchased new in 2003.

I have not run the boat more than 10 hours in the last two years and while it pains me to part with it, it is my reason for wanting to see it go to a new owner who will appreciate this little jewel. A few members of this board have seen the boat and could give a second opinion.

Boat is in Miami.

$13,900.00

mannyv@bellsouth.net

gr8dane
08-18-2007, 04:24 AM
Still for sale?

BUIZILLA
08-18-2007, 06:25 AM
I'm pretty sure it is still available, this boat is incredibly clean and original, it looks like it is only 2 or 3 years old. VERY reliable. It is not mine, but I *can* guarantee there are no disappointments here.

JH

Scott Pearson
08-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Manny,
Is your boat still forsale? Man...that thing is pretty!

cutwater
08-18-2007, 02:32 PM
I think I'm in love.

Islander
08-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest in this boat and sorry I haven't replied sooner. I sold the boat to a good friend who bought it as soon as he new I had it for sale. Fortunately for me, he lives a few minutes from my house and he is as nuts about maintenance as I am. We will end up doing some boating together so I’ll get to see it and go on it from time to time.