PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Hydro Photos from Detroit

H2O-Full Throttle
07-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Have uploaded over 100 photos from the recent Unlimited Hydro racing in Detroit.

http://www.h2ofullthrottle.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=511

Lenny
07-22-2007, 01:41 AM
Third pic. The FORMULA sponsored boat. Beautiful shot :yes: :yes: :yes:

What speeds on the U boats?

I watched the Formula One boats (Champ) at Expo '86 in Vancouver. They were a sight to be seen and the INSTANT exceleration, visible, was quite something. The turns on a dime, somethng else :)

Very Cool pics. :D

Carl C
07-22-2007, 06:20 AM
Very cool! Thanks for sharing them. It looks like there is at least one piston unlimited hydro left! It seems odd though that the only posts on this come from guys in New Zealand and British Columbia. Didn't anyone local go? I work week-ends or would have been there for sure; Watching from the boat.:)

rustnrot
07-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I went, first timer, lots of fun. These are fabulous photos, by the way! Anymore photos of vintage boats?

The Miss Chrysler Jeep is still Allison powered, a real crowd pleaser. It won the Gold Cup in 2003, still very competitive. Here is a video of a VERY exciting head to head heat with the piston boat (red one driven by Jimmy King) over taking Oh Boy Oberto (driver Steve David) in the last lap!

http://jacklowephotography.com/

PS, the Chrysler Jeep boat never had a cowling all weekend. I think that is the way it is always run, perhaps to show off the cool engine? It also has a helluva weight disadvantage to the turbines.

Tony
07-23-2007, 10:46 PM
AWESOME shots!

slamdry
07-24-2007, 04:48 PM
those are sick pics!!

DonziFreak
07-24-2007, 10:35 PM
AWSOME PICS!!!! makes me feel like i was there!

and lenny, about the formula one boats (now referred to as simply Champ Boats) thats the line of racing my family and i are in, we run the smaller class with a johnson or evinrude 45 cubic inch block and run about 73 mph in racing conditions and turn on a dime, we recently bought a new boat thats just 1 class under the champ boats, we run carburated 2.0 liter 120 cubic inch Mercury V-6 blocks and do about 115 mph in racing conditions and turn even sharper than the 45 class, but nowhere near as sharp as the 2.5 liter EFI champ boats! i have a good budy that races champ, his name is Shaun Torrente, hes probaly the best tunnel boat driver in the country, no kidding. if ya want to find out more, look up all kinds of cool things at www.champboat.com

H2O-Full Throttle
07-25-2007, 02:58 AM
Thanks for posting the pics. We are about to launch a redesigned website soon and will have some great desktop wallpapers for everyone to enjoy as well.

Donzifreak - Drop me a PM on where and when you guys are racing as would love to include some coverage of your class in the magazine.

Cheers

Ned

DOOZI
07-27-2007, 09:58 PM
I am from here In Madison Indiana and live on the hillside overlooking the Miss Madison, OH Boy O'Berto boat shop and the word on the street here is that our truely wonderful sponsors the O'Bertos have put the $$$ behind us to the point that thay say " Go or Blow in Seattle " so it might just not be a hold back cause we don't have any spares this time. That is thier home !!!!