1 EX-G-0010 Exhaust Manifold Gaskets (Set) $20.00
2 EX-1000 Flow Torque Exhaust Manifolds (pair) Polished 1 $980.00
3 EX-0004 Aluminum Risers Short - Silent Choice Systems (pair) $395.00
4 EX-2010 Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator N/A 1 $185.00 $185.00
5 EX-G-0020 Exhaust Riser Gaskets (Set) $17.00
6 EX-0019 Oil Filter Adapter Bracket $48.00
7 EX-0017 Replacement Jumper Hose 2 $18.00 $36.00
SUBTOTAL: $1,681.00

What else do I need to install the Dana Exhaust on my 2006 22 Classic With the 496HO?

PS I have Quick and Quiet.

Cuda
07-21-2007, 02:49 PM
One thing is you may want to consider having them powdercoated. I bought the polished, and I haven't run the boat much since then, but I can tell it's going to be a bitch to keep them shiny. When, and if I put the other engine in, I may just powdercoat them myself.

DudeHoss
07-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Powdercoated Chrome or Clear?

pmreed
07-21-2007, 06:22 PM
I likey my SSMs on my 502. Thankee Poodle.

Phil

LKSD
07-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Hmm, just order the Stainless Marine kit.. Comes complete, and $$ wise your almost there anyways.. Powdercoated black manifolds, stainless steel risers...

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: ALso If you fo go with the Dana instead prep yourself for some possible gremlins to chase. Also the riser you picked I believe are wrong. There should be a short vortex set. If you want I can get you them, But no matter who you get them from they seem to always take a month or more latley to get... Also you may want to talk to Ed (Undertaker) about his experinces with Dana, I know he likes them but he & others have had cooling problems with them.. We have fixed his & some others that had the same problem... ;) Jamie / Lakeside

undertaker
07-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Dude I would rethink the Dana purchase, I do like mine but had a ton of headaches with them...if I did it all over again I would go CMI if cash was not an issue or Stainless Marine (Poodle would be your hookup)...feel free to pm me with any questions....good luck....check out Carl C thread on his CMI purchase he got a VERY nice deal on a set of CMI'S.

Undertaker:)

Cuda
07-22-2007, 10:31 AM
I didn't have any serious problems putting on the Danas, other than where tips on the boat are located, and I'd have had those problems anyway, unless I ordered the s pipe that SM sells (I believe) for the Trs tip location.

zimm17
07-23-2007, 12:33 AM
I really like my danas. The company is great to work with too. I'd recommend the black "hard anodized" lowers- they're the same price and easier to keep clean and more corrosion resistant.

For $50 they'll weld in an O2 bung if you ever think you'll be doing any tuning on the ECU.

KerrLake
07-23-2007, 11:31 AM
If you want polished they take the longest. I had ordered a polished set, and after going on two months they offered to powder coat for a set for free. I am kind of glad they did. They look really good, and with the polished riser and chrome valve covers I would have had too much to polish.

Cuda
07-23-2007, 02:01 PM
If you want polished they take the longest. I had ordered a polished set, and after going on two months they offered to powder coat for a set for free. I am kind of glad they did. They look really good, and with the polished riser and chrome valve covers I would have had too much to polish.
What color did you get?

KerrLake
07-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Royal Blue. My boat is flag blue. I thought that color would be the closest, however they are much brighter than the boat. They look pretty cool though. I'll post some pics when I install them.

DudeHoss
07-24-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm offically not happy! I start by saying I want to get CMI headers for the boat. For months people tell me that they are a rip off and I should get Dana Exhaust. Everyone was saying it added more power and the dyno tests proved it. I thought hey, "they still look good, cost less and seem to produce more power." When did everyone get off the Dana Band Wagon?

I do want to minimize headaches and problems. Is the CMI installation more involved than the Dana? Whats the best price I can find on CMI's that fit the 496 with Q&Q?

BigGrizzly
07-24-2007, 11:26 AM
I will officially say that CMI has been the King for a long time. The real issue is will the money pay off unless you want bling. I have CMI on my Criterion because we built the engine around the hedders. I have them on my Corsican, because no one would or could make them for a Ford 351 Cleveland. If I had a conventional engin and hopped it up to amid mild engine I would go Stainless marine. Cuda went for Dana because everyone had Stainless Marine.

undertaker
07-24-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm offically not happy! I start by saying I want to get CMI headers for the boat. For months people tell me that they are a rip off and I should get Dana Exhaust. Everyone was saying it added more power and the dyno tests proved it. I thought hey, "they still look good, cost less and seem to produce more power." When did everyone get off the Dana Band Wagon?
I do want to minimize headaches and problems. Is the CMI installation more involved than the Dana? Whats the best price I can find on CMI's that fit the 496 with Q&Q?

Dude, I am not off the Dana bandwagon just with my install it was a bitch until Jaime with NO help from Dana figured out my issues. The Dana have great bling and do perform well...Feel free to PM or call me about the Dana's I can get you around the gremlins if you still want the Danas....good luck..

Carl C just purchased CMI'S for Q&Q for 4650 which IMO is a GREAT price, but he is installing himself. Frm what I am told the CMI'S are a little more invovled to install, BUT so were the Danas...

Undertaker:pimp:

zelatore
07-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Frm what I am told the CMI'S are a little more invovled to install, BUT so were the Danas...
Undertaker:pimp:

So just how hard can the install be? I've never done any of these, but come next season I've got a feeling I'm going to be shopping for a set of ... well, I don't know what brand yet, but one of 'em!

Looks pretty straight-forward. Yank the old cast manifolds and risers, stick the new stuff on, relocate a few accessories...you're there. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time I thought 'how hard can it be' only to find I was way off base.

undertaker
07-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Well since Jaime did the install he can elaborate, but lets just say according to him it was not as easy as you just described....:):):)

Undertaker:cool:

zelatore
07-24-2007, 02:07 PM
You know, somehow it never is. :bonk:

zimm17
07-24-2007, 04:17 PM
As for the Danas, I'm not sure what's different on the 496HO over a carb'd big block, but the install wasn't that bad. You need to cut the flexible 4" exhaust hose shorter due to the long vortex riser. I recommend new hose as it's more flexible. I fought with the old hoses for a while to get it all lined up. Put some soapy water on the riser before twisting it into the rubber hose too- it'll make your life soooo much easier.

I recommend some permatex ultra copper RTV on both sides of the lower gasket. I used spray-on ultra copper on the riser gasket. Seals much better. Putting the gaskets in dry showed minor leaks when I took them apart.

CMI's are considered the "best", but I read that they are only good for approx 5 years in salt water. That will get expensive fast. Also, thin walled header tubes are under more stress than a major casting like a manifold- I've read about headers cracking after too many heat cycles.

That's why I went with the danas. Plus they have 29" runner lengths, which are close to headers.

Cuda
07-24-2007, 09:13 PM
. Cuda went for Dana because everyone had Stainless Marine.
You have a very good memory! :cool::wink:

Cuda
07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
If I'd had the extra bucks, these are the exhaust I really wanted. Some people think they are a ugly as home made sin, but I think they are cool as hell, again, it's probably because not everyone has them. I like to be different. :)

http://www.keitheickert.com/products/Exhaust/ke-exhaust.htm

LKSD
08-10-2007, 12:59 PM
So just how hard can the install be? I've never done any of these, but come next season I've got a feeling I'm going to be shopping for a set of ... well, I don't know what brand yet, but one of 'em!
Looks pretty straight-forward. Yank the old cast manifolds and risers, stick the new stuff on, relocate a few accessories...you're there. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time I thought 'how hard can it be' only to find I was way off base.

Installing the manifolds for me was cake.. It was some of the other stuff that was a PITA.

As for the Danas, I'm not sure what's different on the 496HO over a carb'd big block, but the install wasn't that bad.

As far as a carb set up, you dont have sensors in the exhaust to deal with, nor do you have the other accessories like the 496 does hanging off of it to contend with. Also the water flow charachteristics of a carb BBC are different from the 496 with closed cooling.. ;)

The risers on their kits would not fit in the manifold even as a press fit on several of the sets we had. They had to be cleaned up to fit. They at the time were not Q&Q compatable even though Dana swore they were.. The accessorie brackets for the 496 fit way to tight & required some finnesse to get into place properly. The manifolds on numerous sets that we sold had cooling issues from waterflow design & orifice sizes, so that required some trick engineering & plumbing that we devised...

There is also a little more that we know about behind the scenes on these kits & Dana's so called support.. But that is another story for a nother day that I would rather not publically post... Damn this politically correct nonsense & taking the high road..

What it boils down to, all Ed & I are saying is that when making mods like this you can & do run into some unexpected issues that need to be dealt with at times. And unfortunatley this is one of the items that if you do run into grief on you wont get much info or useable help from the manufacturer.. ;) ;) Im sure that Ed (Undertaker)could fill you in on some of the nonsense he was told by the manufacturer when his boat was getting worked on by us.. Its almost funny... (I said "almost".. ) ;)

Jamie / Lakeside