PDA

View Full Version : Gil Dry Exhaust for 22 Classic

VetteLT193
07-21-2007, 09:40 AM
My brother has a Gil dry exhaust set for sale. They are CUSTOM set up for a big block 22 classic. The work was done by Popeye's Racing, and is excellent. Part of the custom extension moved the water exit port outside the engine compartment, so you don't have to drill any holes to make this set work (the water exits the top of the tip outside the engine compartment)

They will require new transom bezels to be purchased from Gil to complete the install.

The bad news is they really need to be freshly powder coated and polished to make them perfect. They have been sitting in his garage and or shed for the last few years.

This is a LOUD exhaust. I can personally say this is the best sounding exhaust on any boat I have ever heard, if you are OK with the extra sound.

We were thinking $1,000 for the set. With the custom work to make them fit the 22 classic, I think he's got about $5,000 into them.

He's on the board, and I'm going to try to walk him through posting pictures on Monday.

DonCig
07-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Farmer TX, should we throw this exhaust on our pending 22' Donzi going down to CABO?
It would probably not get us in trouble in Mexico, the Jeep exhaust is probably just as loud....LOL

Don

VetteLT193
07-25-2007, 05:57 PM
My bro's computer died, so he can't post pictures. If I see him this weekend I'll get them uploaded.

Anyone interested at all? My brother never got any trouble from the law with this system, but I guess that varies from area to area.