PDA

View Full Version : I Had To Post This 28 Cigarette

Shanghied Again
07-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I have been a Donzi, Cigarette, Magnum fanatic since I was a young boy and today I took in one of the most nicest looking 28 Cigarettes ever in trade, I am not posting this on the site for sale, I just want to share a piece of history and what a well restored 28 Cigarette looks like (This Is One Show Piece) and I fell in Love as soon as I seen her.

chappy
07-20-2007, 01:56 PM
That's beyond sweet.

Rich

RickSE
07-20-2007, 02:52 PM
How could someone trade something like that in?

So is it now in your garage Frank?:wink:

dclassic
07-20-2007, 03:00 PM
What a nice Cig! Someone did a fine job on the boat. Out of curiosity, what do you guys plan on selling it for? Someone will be proud to own such a piece of history.

justleft
07-20-2007, 07:45 PM
We need a K-B auction on SPEED to set some prices !!

Very resto-rod, that steering is much newer.

But sweet, sweet. $100K (if on saturday night)

Oh, did I say sweet

LKSD
07-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Im not crazy about brown, But the thing is in really cherry shape. That will probably sell quick for you guys.. Did you get them into a new Donzi?? :) Jamie

superhatz
07-21-2007, 02:43 AM
It's a great looking boat.......seriously.......the 70's is my favorite decade for boats (and cars).

I know.....I have issues.

Shanghied Again
07-22-2007, 11:26 AM
His wife got sick of him using the boat for 1 hour a weekend and then spending the next several days cleaning it, they went for a boat that they can use everyday a 27 Concept that is a center console but has the same lines of the Cig, I had the boat out yesterday she runs awesome not superfast about 66mph but she is loud, he completely redone the whole boat new Jasper 350/320hp engines with Edelbrock maniflods and 650 carbs, new stainless exhaust, rebuilt the transmissions and drives, added Hydraulic Steering from marine machine and flush kits for the blocks and the manifolds, he was so anal he has tennis balls with string inside the tailpipes to keep out moisture, the interior was replace 2 years ago to origional. the only mechanical items that were added were the shift and throttle handles, depthfinder, Flush kits, Speedometer. I took her for trade at $25,000 so if I get that I will be happy. If I could sell my boat I would by this boat its that good looking.

Sweet little 16
07-22-2007, 12:16 PM
now that's what I am talkin bout willis

that is just awesome

that would be a great step up from a classic to a classic

my own seat too !!!!

letter to santa is in the mail ;)

LKSD
07-23-2007, 07:49 AM
It will make someone a really nice ride.. :yes: :) Jamie

The Hedgehog
07-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Hey Frank check your box. I sent you a PM

Shanghied Again
07-24-2007, 10:50 AM
I just got back in today, On Sunday the origional owner of the boat came in a put down a deposit on her, he is trying for credit and if he don't get credit I will let everyone know. He bought the boat in 1977 from Cigarette and sold the boat in 1988, he actually bought in the pictures of when the boat was being built and couldn't believe the condition she was in now. I will let everyone know if the deal dosen't go through.

The Hedgehog
07-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Please let me know either way. I am interested