PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Donziweasel
07-19-2007, 05:59 PM
I have only been on these boards for a year and can not tell eveyone what a great resource this is. From all the help I have taken a tired 1997 16 from 47 to 57 mph for under $2,000.00. I also have had help with propping, buffing and polishing, covers, exhaust, all sorts of engine info, and learned how to tune a Holley carb. My boat is finally running great and although I put the sweat equity in, the knowledge came from you guys. Once agian, thanks everyone. Now I can simply drive and enjoy my boat!:):):):):):):) Although everyone contribiuted, specail thanks to Scott, Jim, Jamie, other Jamie, Don, Randy, Mike, and Rick who seemed not to be bothered by all the PM's, e-mails, and calls. I know there were others, just can't rmember them all right now.I know I probably made a nuiscance out of myself at times. I know this is not near the work some of you put in on restorations, but it was a pretty big project for me.

Becuase I have been working on the Donzi, I have not had time to clean it all summer and it was filthy to say the least. Spent the last three days buffing, polishing and wet sanding. For the first time I can see my face in the reflection off the deck stripe! Will try and post pics. I need to clean my bilge, any suggestions on a good product for this?

gold-n-rod
07-19-2007, 06:24 PM
I need to clean my bilge, any suggestions on a good product for this?

I use good old laundry detergent. Pour a bunch in, add a few gallons of water and go for a ride. The movement of the boat will spread the soap around. If scubbing is needed, I use a toilet brush.

Boater's World? I don't need no stinkin' Boater's World. Any discount store ('cept WalMart) does the job for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigGrizzly
07-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks is appreciated, but this board was founded on the premise of helping each other do it correctly and as inexpensive as possible. Unlike other boards we specialize on the Donzi. Like you say if your lucky enough to have a Donzi your lucky enough.

Dr. Dan
07-19-2007, 09:14 PM
:wink:I use a product called Roll Off... but to be honest there alot of "Bilge Cleaners" on the market... once the rough stuff is done... sand the nasty areas and paint it with BilgeKote... I like white..but whatever suits your fancy.

Once ya get the fresh paint in there...just stay after it... I hose mine down and use the Roll Off product in between runs...and Events... I have a dedicated Boat Brush for the Bilge and one for the Hull, so everything stays tidy looking, course ... I have no idea what I am talking about cuz my Bilge is soo Filthy all the time.. ask anyone who sees my boat.

Good Luck Congrats on the Turn Key Boat...

Doc

undertaker
07-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Your bilge is horrible, stop posting on these clean you boat threads......:cool::cool::cool:

Undertaker:pimp:

Carl C
07-20-2007, 09:35 AM
:wink:I have no idea what I am talking about cuz my Bilge is soo Filthy all the time.. Sweetest looking engine room I've seen on a 22C yet!:pimp:

Donziweasel
07-20-2007, 10:36 AM
If your bilge is dirty, man is a disgrace. Plus, I might have a small oil leak somewhere. Just checked oil and it is down a little and I noticed oil in my bilge. Will fill and check again this weekend.