PDA

View Full Version : My new tow ride

LKSD
07-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Wife found this for me. She sure likes to find me toys that I have to pay for. I do have to admit she did find me a deal I could not pass up. The dealer actually bought my truck with a 1 1/2 year left on my lease. They said that alot of people like my body style and the power of my truck. Say it is not so. Also it is like finding a needle in a haystack around here with the new style.
Went looking at trucks planning ahead for me lease when it is up. I absolutely hate the new body style of the Chevy diesel with less power. I could not justify the cost, look and power difference. My wife thought the tailpipe looked like a trumpet I must say I have to agree. So wife convinced me to at least get something neat and have it do the job. Perfect work vehicle with the 24 inch wheels and 35" inch tires. :propeller:LOL.
I am going to give it a little more horsepower boost with an ecm reprogramming and a couple other small add ons. Now I just got to get it hooked up to my boat. Jamie

RedDog
07-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Is that an H3? I have wondered if they had the necessary towing capacity.

Good looking SUV!

mrfixxall
07-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Is that an H3? I have wondered if they had the necessary towing capacity.
Good looking SUV!
Its a h2....

jamie,went through all that reprograming crap with a cust of mine,,not much gains....

One word of advise ''WHIPPLE'' he went from 9mpg to 13 when i installed a whipple charger on it and it will roaste the tires:yes:

O BTW nice ride!!!!

LKSD
07-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks.. & Yes its the H2.. The H3 is the small one & would be fine if you have a classic. The H2 has the 3/4 ton running gear or at least mine does.. I know the reprogram wont bring me killer power like my Diesel had, but if the wife has me buy annother blower this year I may have to call undertaker for his services.. :yes::bonk::eek!:.. Maybe someday I will do it though.. I am just currently going for a little more power & the capability of reflashing the ecm for the different wheels that I have. It can still move the big stuff in my lot & to the lake when it comes in but when I get any "big stuff" again to come in from outside the area I will be subbing the transporting out. I am trapped at the shop anymore & the time to go grab the real big stuff is not worth it to either party. It will be cheaper & faster at this time to sub that out to get em here.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

undertaker
07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
but if the wife has me buy annother blower this year I may have to call undertaker for his services.. ..

Jaime we have a open spot for your service this week:):):)

Nice truck....now stop screwing around with cars and get your boat in the WATER.....:propeller::propeller::propeller::propel ler:

LKSD
07-18-2007, 01:08 PM
but if the wife has me buy annother blower this year I may have to call undertaker for his services.. ..
Jaime we have a open spot for your service this week:):):)
Nice truck....now stop screwing around with cars and get your boat in the WATER.....:propeller::propeller::propeller::propel ler:

Hey Ed,

I think Jay may want me to try your services out first. Ladies before Gentlemen. He will bring me right down...LOL.

I know about the boat. I was just bitching today about that. He just called down again on his heat exchanger and they said it will ship tomorrow. However I heard that before. Kristin:eek!:

Donziweasel
07-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Nice JW, how about building a Lakeside 502 for it and screw the blower!