PDA

View Full Version : UnimogBill's 25' Bertram Restoration. WOW!!

pmreed
07-17-2007, 08:57 PM
My brother, Bill, UnimogBill here, just completed a total restoration of his 25' Bertram. He went from destroyed Mercruiser 170 (470?)s to a pair of 175 Suzukis. New gel, deck etc, etc.
Check out the pics and videos here.
Bill's Bertram (http://simplifying.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=211)
Very Impressive!!

Phil

Morgan's Cloud
07-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Great boat ..

A mate of mine who seems to be determined to build his own armada got an almost identical one of these recently (hardtop model though) and put a 496HO/Duoprop in it. I swear it does 55mph.

That one MUST fly !

Timeless classic styling ... just can't beat it .

gcarter
07-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Phil, tell Bill "well done". But I think he needs a seat.....that looks uncomfortable, or is Bill just too tall???:wink:

pmreed
07-18-2007, 08:30 AM
George, I think he needs a drop-down bolster. He boats off the CT coast and it can get very rough. Since this boat is basically his taxi and freighter from the mainland over to his place on Fisher's Island, he needs to be able to handle heavy seas.

Phil

zelatore
07-20-2007, 12:09 PM
OK, the boat's pretty cool, no doubt.

But what's this about a Unimog?? I want to see pics of that! I love those things. If only I could come up with some reason to have one...

pmreed
07-20-2007, 07:31 PM
His handle's UnimogBill because he's got a Unimog. Ex snowplow from the Albany, NY (I think) airport. All restored to like new including new correct paint. I don't have any pictures, but I'm sure he'd post'm if he knew someone wanted to see them!

Phil

UnimogBill
07-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Here's a link:

http://www.friendshipconsulting.com/boat.html

zelatore
07-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Unimogs are great...if only I lived out somewhere far enough from civilization to justify it, I'd have one in a minute. What's not to like? Part truck, part tractor, just put it in low gear and it should idle through anything you can point it at.

Everybody and his brother has a Jeep, and Hummers are for girly-men. That's a real truck!