PDA

View Full Version : Whipple....PC......or NA......

DON-Z-26ZX
07-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Half way thru my first boating season with the Donzi, I've gotten more comfortable with driving it, & one thing is quite obvious....385HP is NOT enough for this boat. So, I'm planning my off season HP increase to the 454 mag mpi. I know this is a common topic, & I've searched thru alot of threads, but I've not really seen one that compares all 3 options for the 454. Either Whipple charge, Pro-Charger, or just upgrade components (heads, cam, fuel & exhaust system). I currently am only running 62 (on a good day), I have a friend that has a 25 Outlaw, & is running 67....I want to run 68 :yes:. So, which way would give me the HP needed to make this boat run like it was designed, without breaking the bank :eek!:. I appreciate any input on this....

LKSD
07-18-2007, 06:47 AM
They are all going to be pricey & have thier pros and cons about them.. Feel free to give me a shout if you would like about any of the scenarios (SC vs NA).. If you have high hrs & internal wear then you must rebuild before an sc otherwise it is asking for problems.. :) Jamie / Lakeside 570-639-2628