PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust hose rupture

cutwater
07-16-2007, 10:24 AM
The starboard exhaust hose (I think it's a "hardwall" hose with the coil wire support) on the Minx (OMC 350 SBC) ruptured along the top of the hose. I'm thinking it might just be dry-rotted since it's probably 20 years old. I patched it up while I'm trying to locate the hose part. But then the port hose did the same thing a few days later. Does this regularly happen to exhaust hoses of this age, or is this indicative of another problem like the hoses getting too hot? I haven't seen anything funny with the engine temp...

I didn't think anything of the first one going, but both of them within a few days of each other???!!

John

mrfixxall
07-16-2007, 11:33 AM
The starboard exhaust hose (I think it's a "hardwall" hose with the coil wire support) on the Minx (OMC 350 SBC) ruptured along the top of the hose. I'm thinking it might just be dry-rotted since it's probably 20 years old. I patched it up while I'm trying to locate the hose part. But then the port hose did the same thing a few days later. Does this regularly happen to exhaust hoses of this age, or is this indicative of another problem like the hoses getting too hot? I haven't seen anything funny with the engine temp...
I didn't think anything of the first one going, but both of them within a few days of each other???!!
John

Their like a ols set of tires,light bulbs ect.. yes after so many years of use the will ware out.. i wouls replace all the rubber hoses including the rubber fuel supply lines to the fuel pump and the rubber fill and the over flo hose..

just what i would do so i wouldnt have any future problems like a fire as we saw a few posts ago..