PDA

View Full Version : Lakeside's 500hp

LKSD
07-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Here is one of our new 500hp's we are getting ready to install it in a customers 22' stingray.. Nothing crazy here as we had to do a couple things that prevented bigger power. Mainly because of the cam we had to have custom ground. Our customers exhaust is tight & exits at the waterline. Due to his plumbing configuration we needed a cam that have a profile that would not easily entice reversion.. If we didnt have to do that we could have been grabbing a good few extra ponies for sure with running a different cam profile & different pipes.. Jamie / Lakeside

Dyno sheet (http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/images/Info%20sheets/tf-515-500-6.13.07.jpg)

Dyno clip (http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/common/customer-clips/tf-500-6.13.07sm.wmv)

gcarter
07-15-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm planning on running some diverters on my 454 Jamie, and could run into the same issue. What cam (or characteristics) did you end up using???:confused:
Are those Gil Magnum Choice risers?

That's an impressive looking dyno sheet.:eek!:

Lenny
07-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Love the front end simplicity Jamie. Tell me, where will you mount the alternator and where will the water dump come from to the exhaust?

I would love a simple front end on my 350 MAG.

Cuda
07-15-2007, 08:28 PM
What block did you start with?

The Hedgehog
07-15-2007, 08:28 PM
That is a very clean and nice looking set-up.

LKSD
07-16-2007, 06:53 AM
I'm planning on running some diverters on my 454 Jamie, and could run into the same issue. What cam (or characteristics) did you end up using???:confused:
Are those Gil Magnum Choice risers?
That's an impressive looking dyno sheet.:eek!:

Thanks..

We went with a custom ground Isky mega cam. Yes they are magnum choice risers. To do something like that you need to pay attention to the duration of the cam when you have higher lifts and you are also running higher compression.. Most cam companies have a techline to help you pick a proper profile or have one made. :) Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
07-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Love the front end simplicity Jamie. Tell me, where will you mount the alternator and where will the water dump come from to the exhaust?
I would love a simple front end on my 350 MAG.

We plan to mount the accessories on the starboard side of the engine. The t stat outlets will run to the manifolds distribution rails with some elbows as needed.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
07-17-2007, 11:12 AM
What block did you start with?

It was a perf G4 502 bored to 515cid.. :) Jamie