PDA

View Full Version : Start of the new project...

gcarter
07-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Since vonkamp picked up his 18 barrel back hull today, I'll have an oppertunity to start disassembling the 22 Testarossa. So far the engine and drive have been removed, hydraulic steering is out and most of the interior is out.
There is a conveniantly located roof perling in the shop that is about 18' high. I need to find a conveniant, and inexpensive method of getting up there and bolting in some pieces of flat bar and chain to facilitate pulling off the deck. Anyone have any ideas?
Here's some pictures of the boat while I had it out today; :smash:

DonziChris
07-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey George, After seeing what you did to the minx, Can't wait to see what the 22 looks like when your finished. Take care Chris

pmreed
07-14-2007, 08:26 PM
If you've got a customer who is also a house painter, work a deal with him. I just had my house painted, and the guy had ladders that reached all the way up my wall...a good 22 feet! Any painter worth his salt will have a big enough ladder.

Phil

gcarter
07-14-2007, 08:31 PM
If you've got a customer who also a house painter, work a deal with him. I just had my house painted, and the guy had ladders that reached all the way up my wall...a good 22 feet! Any painter worth his salt will have a big enough ladder.
Phil
That may work Phil, I was thinking of trying it myself but I don't think I could....but a painter could.

gcarter
07-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Hey George, After seeing what you did to the minx, Can't wait to see what the 22 looks like when your finished. Take care Chris
Thanks Chris, I appreciate it.

Cuda
07-14-2007, 09:33 PM
You could rent a high lift for a day, I don't think it cost that much, and you can get a LOT done in one day when you don't have to move, or go up and down ladders, not to mention they are a helluva lot safer. They will deliver it, and pick it up for you. I'm not sure, but I think if you rent it on a Friday, and have them pick it up Monday, they only charge for one day.

Can't wait to see the Testerossa when you're done. I'd like to have one myself!:cool:

Sweet little 16
07-15-2007, 09:57 AM
what color are you going to make it?

gcarter
07-15-2007, 10:08 AM
It'll stay a Testarossa (red).
Ya gotta like red to own one of these!:wink:
I don't know how many of these they built, or what years, but I know of only about six.

Carl C
07-15-2007, 06:02 PM
I googled Testarossa boats and found nothing Could you maybe tell a little about the boat? Did Ferarri have anything to do with it? What motor will it be getting? :boat:It looks like a worthy project and good luck with it.

gcarter
07-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Donzi Testarossa was one more of many "marketing" models, just like the "SE", Aniversary Editions", etc. Apparently was an '88 model for the 22 and the Minx. I think I can put together six of them, I have no idea of the total, maybe Poodle knows. But as you can see, they are "RED . Either you love it or hate it. I like it.
The engine is a 454 http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=417267#post417267 .
It had nothing to do w/Ferrari other than borrowing the name, which means "Red Head", and in a Ferrari the only thing red was the engine cylinder heads. :)

Carl C
07-15-2007, 06:41 PM
I thought it was a Donzi copy. That's cool that it's a Donzi 22 :cool!:. I think it is worthy of some serious power and you'd get that investment back :fire:. Of course it must be red! :superman: