PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Warrior

Cuda
07-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Any of you remember the wrestler known as the Ultimate Warrior? He always had ribbons tied around his biceps. I was sore in the backs of my legs from having to work again, and my buddy Chuck suggested I take Creatine to help my muscles. We were on the jobsite yesterday, and I told the boys my arms were getting bigger.

I present to you, the Ultimate Tile Guy.:pimp::yes:

gcarter
07-14-2007, 07:53 AM
The third one is the most believable...:wink:
Also I like the new hair cut.:eek!:

f_inscreenname
07-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Tile setters..........a bread of their own.:)

catch 22
07-14-2007, 06:20 PM
What's up with the farmers tan? Been swervin again I see. I don't know how Debbie does it. :wink:

Cuda
07-14-2007, 10:02 PM
What's up with the farmers tan? Been swervin again I see. I don't know how Debbie does it. :wink:
The only way I get a tan is walking from one shady spot to another.:wink:

Cuda
07-14-2007, 10:05 PM
We were headed to the job today (Kissimmee), and I thought all we had to do was finish grouting the kitchen. Even though it's epoxy grout, which I hate with a purple passion, I figured we be done at a decent hour, and take tomorrow off. When I was halfway there, the super called me and said he had the dining room cleared out, and now he wanted the tile down in it by Monday. Just yesterday, he told Debbie we wouldn't be able to start in the dr until after 1 pm Monday, because the kitchen equipment was being delivered, and they have to bring it through the front door. I was fcking livid! I'm well know for going off on supers for crap like this, but it's the first job for this gc, and I didn't want to fight with him. I reminded him of what he said, of course he denied ever saying it. I got home at 8:30 tonight, and I left two of my guys there with my truck, still grouting. Debbie had to pick her son up from St Pete today, and I sent her on several missions (Home Depot, pick up lunch etc) so I rode home with her. I'm one tired mofo, and I have to do it again tomorrow.

On top of all that, our neighbor's son just graduated boot camp for the Marines, and there's a big cook out going on that Deb and I were going to attend. I walked over there as soon as I got home and told them why I wouldn't be attending. Not to mention, Debbie is supposed to take Kyle back to St Pete tomorrow, and I was going also, because they are having a party for my sister's 50th birthday. Just yesterday, I called my mom and told her it looked like I'd be able to make it. I called my mom on the way home and told her why I couldn't make it. I tried calling my sister too, but I got her answering machine. I feel really bad, because every one of my siblings, and their kids drove over here to Deland for my 50th, and my sister gave me a really nice watch. Now I can't go.:mad:

Cuda
07-14-2007, 10:20 PM
I had the two guys finish grouting, while I started on the dining room floor by myself. I hate not having a helper, anyone, experienced or not, that can hand me stuff that's out of my reach, because once I get on my knees, I hate getting back up, and invariably, as soon as I get on my knees, I'll remember something I meant to get before I got down. I had to hump my own tile, which were 18x18's btw, pop my line just using a water bucket to hold the other end of the chalk line, mix my own thinset, and make all my own cuts. That's a helluva lot of wear and tear on this old body.
I've already got a script for valium a couple years ago, because I went off on a project manager, then handed Debbie the phone. The first thing he told her was, "Man, that dude needs to get some chill pills". I took his advice, and had my doctor prescribe something to keep me from killing a super or a project manager. I take one in the morning, and one about 8 pm. When that guy called this morning, he ruined my day. I was in a great mood before the call, and I took a second valium as soon as I got off the phone to try to keep my well known temper in check.
Once I had my chat with the super, I started laying the tile, and I was ok. The second valium had kicked in by then.

Cuda
07-14-2007, 10:23 PM
I got about two more rows in after this first picture, and all the rest of the tile I have to put in tomorrow. That's the super in the background. He's really not a bad guy, but even though this is my first job with him, he could tell not to talk to me for about the next five hours.:mad:
The second picture is to the side of where I tiled today, and it needs to be put in tomorrow also.
The thing I hate about laying 18x18's is you have to use a 1/2 X 1/2 trowel, which naturally I didn't have, so I had to buy a new one at HD on the way in. I rarely use that size trowel, and my tool box is so full of tools, I never pack that one, unless I know I'm going to need it. I've forgotten, or didn't realise I needed one several times. I bet I have at least a half dozen of those trowels in my garage.:(
Btw, that size trowel is a thinset eating mofo. With a 3/8 trowel, I get about 80 square feet out of a bucket of thinset. With this trowel, I get 35 to 40.

Cuda
07-14-2007, 10:25 PM
My boys hard on that grouting. The reason they stayed late, is because this morning, I said I'd give them both $100 bonus if they got it all done today. Not to mention, I always pay my guys overtime for weekends, whether they have 40 hours in or not. That 10 hours of OT is also I big reason they wanted to stay. With all three of us on the tile tomorrow, I'd be surprised if we don't get it all laid, except the cuts, which I'm leaving out until Monday, because the base has to match up with the floor, and we'd never get it all in if we fcked with the base and the cuts. I almost NEVER leave out the cuts, because I hate going back and having to butter in all the cuts.

Cuda
07-14-2007, 10:27 PM
We were all in a better mood later in the day, after the super and his two guys left. There was even some levity I didn't know about. Debbie was taking the pictures, and I didn't know that this one was on the camera, until I downloaded the pictures. I reckon Chuck is the Ultimate Grout Guy!:biggrin.:

BUIZILLA
07-15-2007, 06:26 AM
is that going to be a Sushi Bar??

Cuda
07-15-2007, 07:36 AM
is that going to be a Sushi Bar??
It's a Panda Express, kind of a fast food Chinese place, though they get mad when you call them fast food. We've done probably a half dozen of them before.