PDA

View Full Version : Boatless

smokediver
07-12-2007, 05:52 PM
After 9 years , 3 engines , and various other parts , my 16 is gone .. I am looking now for a nice 18 or 22 classic .... 2000 or newer ...30 grand max ... this is really going to limit the dating pool as i don't have a vehicle to pull a 22 !!!! :eek!:
A pretty good local guy bought the boat and hopefully he will be on the board ... wierd feeling ... no boat ...

gold-n-rod
07-12-2007, 06:37 PM
You do know the 2 happiest days of a boater's life..........

:wink:

need for speed
07-12-2007, 06:53 PM
:wink::wink: so the boat stays in Naples coool!

Dr. Dan
07-12-2007, 10:22 PM
:bonk:John ... congrats and my Condolences all in one... I will keep my eye out for a Clean Boat for ya.

Do you know if Brian Elhert Sold his orange x-18 yet? He is up in Lake George New York... but that boat ran like a scalded dog and was priced to sell?http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48508

Again... I will keep a look out...

Doc :eek!:

FlyingDutchman76
07-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Sorry to hear you sold your boat. I have a nice 1998 22 Classic for sale;

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49574

Maybe a nice replacement for you, let me know if you have any questions.

Johan

Yellowdonzi67
07-14-2007, 02:31 PM
that saying's a lie.

Losing my 67 to a fire 3 weeks ago was one of the saddest of my life.

Finding a replacement within my budget and within the amount of work i want to put into it is proving to be a diffecult task,

I share your feeling of being boatless. There's one out there for you though, just gotta keep your eyes open.

gold-n-rod
07-14-2007, 04:31 PM
that saying's a lie.
Losing my 67 to a fire 3 weeks ago was one of the saddest of my life.

I would agree that the "2 happiest days" saying doesn't fit your situation. Losing one's boat to a tragedy such as your fire is an exception to the old addage.

I wish you happier boating days ahead!!

BigGrizzly
07-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Smoke, Dutchman's boat is as clean as Tomahawk was and Johan is just as pickier. I have driven the boat and it runs well. I pull nu 22 with my grand Cherokee jeep.. it does fine. Tom used to toe his 22 classic with a Honda Odyssey .

Dr. Dan
07-16-2007, 06:00 AM
:wink:John, Lizzy and I used our '97 4 Runner for a couple years to tow the 22 Classic, I added the Air Bags in the Rear Coils to help level the load...and it made a heck of a difference.

Hope your search is progressing? Are ya flying into Winni this year? Might be some boats for sale up there?

Good Luck

Doc :smash:

BUIZILLA
07-16-2007, 06:23 AM
when I was riding the scooter around the backroads of Winni, I spotted *3* 22's I have never seen before... one was yellow with a shorty at a canvas shop off 11E and really really nice, there was another yellow one sitting in a driveway, and a white/red one at a marina workshop.. there's gold in them thar hills...

smokediver
07-16-2007, 07:32 AM
I wish I could make the winnie trip but I need to study for promotional exams ! ugh ... I stepped down from the training captains job and am back on a truck and i think it's time to progess to Lt ... then it's like i only gave up one rank instead of 2 ! I am on the hunt for a new boat but m taking my time .. something will come along when the planets are just right !!!

Team Jefe
07-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Big John - Good luck with the search, parting with an old friend is always hard.....and Stay SAFE, I hear playing with Fire Trucks is really cool, but it's not the safest thing is the world.