PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Leak

jamieZ
07-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi, new to this forum. I purchased a 1988 Donzi Z21 with a 350mag. Paid a good price for it and now getting the bugs out of it. When I purchased the boat ( it sat in heated storage for 7 years) the price was bascially to cover the storage fees which the owner never paid. Hull is mint.The seats and sun pad not bad but will be recovered.I checked all levels and noticed that the power steering was low so I added more.I also noticed after running it there was a red coloured oil in the bottom of the hull.It turns out that it's power steering fulid. There is no wetness around the pump. The high and low pressure lines look good.It looks like it's coming from the arm at the back.It's hard to get back there. Are these arms known to leak? Thanks, Jamie

gcarter
07-12-2007, 12:14 PM
What drive do you have, OMC ?????
If it is there's some folks here that can help you I'm sure.
Welcome aboard.

CHACHI
07-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Jamie, is your boat in the water? If not make sure it is as a handful of us will be in Kingston (Confederate Basin) on Friday July 22nd. We will be there around noon o'clock grabbing a bit to eat in one of the downtown eaterys.
Drop me a PM of call my cell 1-413-530-7379. Welcome to the board.

Ken

mrfixxall
07-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi, new to this forum. I purchased a 1988 Donzi Z21 with a 350mag. Paid a good price for it and now getting the bugs out of it. When I purchased the boat ( it sat in heated storage for 7 years) the price was bascially to cover the storage fees which the owner never paid. Hull is mint.The seats and sun pad not bad but will be recovered.I checked all levels and noticed that the power steering was low so I added more.I also noticed after running it there was a red coloured oil in the bottom of the hull.It turns out that it's power steering fulid. There is no wetness around the pump. The high and low pressure lines look good.It looks like it's coming from the arm at the back.It's hard to get back there. Are these arms known to leak? Thanks, Jamie

ck the input shaft seal,,common seal that leaks...

jamieZ
07-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Where do I find the "input shalf seal"? I guess if that is leaking there should be fluid on the shalf??Is it easy to remove? I have a Alpha drive. Jamie