PDA

View Full Version : Classics and Minx' in South Florida

handfulz28
07-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Now that I've been lurking around here for a while, I know there's a bunch of you guys down here in the Dade, Broward, Palm Beach area. So far I've only seen one 22C (white w/red, seen him twice actually) on the water. How often do you get out and where do you go?
I really should not be looking to buy, so for now I'd just like to see the different boats in person, and also put faces to names/handles.
This Saturday (July 14) I should be hanging out with some other boats at Haulover sandbar. And Sunday is the offshore races in Dania. Will any of you get out on the water this weekend?

BUIZILLA
07-12-2007, 10:27 AM
there's a very good chance you'll see me out in this on one of those 2 days... if not both... :yes:

fegettes
07-12-2007, 10:38 AM
I am in Homestead, and am still learning my way around, and have not seen but a couple of Donzi's passing by. I usually travel south to Key Largo, but want to travel up to the Ft. Lauderdale area one of these days, and I have no idea where to go up there, or where the boat ramps are.

Steve

handfulz28
07-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Buizilla, which one is that? Any chance it's similar to this: http://fortlauderdale.craigslist.org/boa/372169031.html

Steve, any time you're ready to travel north let me know. Just about everything north of Haulover is a mix of Idle/No Wake and 25MPH zones; not the most fun but manageable. But there's a few places that people gather, raft-up, and have a good time. I think I've done a Google search for "florida aboat ramps" and come up with a list of places; I can help with details. Also check out www.raft-up.com

DonziFreak
07-12-2007, 04:38 PM
im thinking about doing the elliot key run this saturday, but im not to sure if i'm going yet or not, il post tomorrow about if i'll make the run or not

Surfer
07-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Handful, I'll be the Broward guy, a great place to go, and probably a good place to beach to see the race is Wiskey Creek. You get to it from the Intracoastal side east of the port. Inside Hilsboro inlet always has a crowd, and inside the Boca inlet off the Boca hotel has a crowd but no beach, all anchor. Gone are the days off Ho Jo's lauderdale beach, sandbar and the tiki bar on the beach were the best on weekends.

handfulz28
07-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Alright, 100 views or so; I know there's more owners down here. Bring 'em north to Haulover on Saturday! :shades:

Hey Surfer, got pics of your boat? Where exactly is Whisky Creek? Is that the sliver of water inside John U Lloyd? How far in can I get with 33'LOA and 3ft draft? I do Lake Boca, Lake Sylvia regularly...Hillsboro Inlet can be like a Wild Teacup ride sometimes. Saturday I'll be at Haulover sandbar, Sunday I might help out with the races.

Michael

fegettes
07-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Handful,

I am buried in a project at work and will not see another day off for a couple of weeks. Fortuneately, I have your posts to read while I am at work and get to see what life is all about thru your eyes up there in the Lauderdale area. You will have to be my inspiration to finish this gruelling project so I can meet you up there.

Steve

catch 22
07-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Michael, I will be working both days. Do you ever get to do any boating in Palm Beach? The wife and I are off Tues & Wed. this week and are planning to go out Tues. We usually run the Intracoastal and like to hang out at Peanut Island. Jim

handfulz28
07-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Well I saw a couple Donzis today on the bay near Miami Beach; running south in Meloy Channel near Mount Sinai. Anybody on the forum?

Jim, I haven't gotten up to Peanut Island yet. I want to though. I actually have a few friends that are staying up there tonight.

DonziFreak
07-14-2007, 11:06 PM
what time did you see them at? i when i started running the channel, a white and red 22 came out in front and i couldnt catch him, i hit a palm tree palm (of all things...) and had to slow up for a minute and lost him through the no-wakes zones, i was in a olive-ish color 18

handfulz28
07-14-2007, 11:43 PM
Freak, was that you? I was in the Formula headed north, gave you guys a big wave. The 22C came out of one of the canals, then you were right there next in line. If I had known before what the boat looked like, I would've swung around. Well thanks for making the effort to get north...other than the palm frond, hope it was a nice ride!

DonziFreak
07-15-2007, 01:25 PM
ya, that was me, hehe, i wont be able to get out to much until fall tho, because racing seaon is in full swing, so i can't do much until off-season....:garfield:

DonziFreak
07-15-2007, 01:31 PM
heres my baby by the way, not a good pic, but its cramped conditions at that house, hehe

DonziFreak
07-16-2007, 07:04 PM
is anyone in the south florida area doing anything anytime soon?