PDA

View Full Version : Lake Oakland is still a Donzi lake!

Carl C
07-09-2007, 06:28 AM
We had four out last evening. My 22C, A teal 22C and two black 18Cs. All were runners with the teal being the fastest. I was dead even with one black 18 and the other 18 was right behind. We wait till evening when the lake clears out a bit and the police have gone home and we race around the lake. Anyone in the area who shows up on a sat or sun evening is almost guaranteed some Donzi action on Lake Oakland. It is in Oakland county, west of the city of Pontiac. The public access is off Walton blvd. at the pedestrian bridge. A lot of folks don't know about this access since you can't see the lake from the road. Hey, Roadtrip, this teal 22 just may have your number! Big n/a BBC HP! Cheers.:)

roadtrip se
07-09-2007, 09:42 PM
I thought you had given up running on that pond and pissing off all of the local fishermen. One of these days, you are going to come home with a set of hooks in the back of your neck.

Besides these boats are for long running and big water fun, not dragging on the quarter mile. Tell your buddies about the MADCOW run on Torch and the Big Lake in August. Is that teal 22 the one I keep hearing rumbles about with the Tyler Crockett motor? If so, tell him it is time to knock the training wheels off and come stretch its legs on a long run. If he has my number, so be it, but you never know "until you run what ya brung" as they say back east!!