PDA

View Full Version : A little Red White and Blue

Rootsy
07-08-2007, 07:14 PM
I guess I was feeling a bit ambitious last week so I decided to clean up and repaint my little 2 row IH planter. This planter belonged to my grandfather and he used it for about 3 decades or so to plant his sweet corn... I did the same this spring (we'll have a LOT of sweet corn here) and though it hadn't been used in about the last decade it worked like a champ with a little spit and grease...

I still need to clean up the framework for the fertilizer attachment and reinstall it as well as get the big balls of rust known as fertilizer canisters rebuilt...

anywho... here she is... model unknown and not doing so well at nailing it down... it is very similar to a #203 drill planter except that this is not a horse drawn model and has a trip to raise and lower it...

She's painted as she would have looked when picked up from the IH dealer new.. sometime in the 30's or 40's. Still need a couple of decals for the seed boxes also...

my #70 plow is next :)

LKSD
07-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Neat.. :) Jamie

Last Tango
07-09-2007, 11:23 AM
I wish I had a Porsche tractor to tow that! Porsche made tractors for several decades and some of the folks in PCA have them and restore them for the Concours events. This impliment looks like it would be perfect for them to tow behind. Maybe you should paint the fertilizer cans to look like NOS tanks! LOL! Nice to see that those wheels would now be very much in style on a Chrysler 300 custom from Da Hood! HAHAHHA!

gcarter
07-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Jamie;
I like what you do with tractors!!!