PDA

View Full Version : I give up.......

Donziweasel
07-08-2007, 05:10 PM
I messed with everything and could not get it to run right on the lower end. Shooter, jets, timing, power valves, nothing worked. Funny thing is that it never really reacted to anything, just the same old hesitation and bog on the lower end. Going to take it to the pro's at Precision Marine tommorrow.

Did get some great pics of a momma moose, calf (right next to the Donzi), and my very own Donzi girl. Take a look-

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49632

Lenny
07-08-2007, 06:54 PM
...what You Need Is A Complete 1997 Fuel Injection Sustem...

:)

Donziweasel
07-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Lenny, I am about ready to make you an offer! :(

MOP
07-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Is the bog out of the hole or at any low speed advance of the throttle?

Donziweasel
07-08-2007, 08:24 PM
both, but mainly hard on throttle from idle, but will do if your going slow and go hard on the throttle. Also, in a tight turn, runs out of power. There is just nothing down low.

BUIZILLA
07-08-2007, 08:37 PM
does it do it with a full fuel tank??

MOP
07-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Blows my theory! I have a bog but only if I try to hole shot it, once over about 1500 it is flawless. Lenny probably has the cure!

phil

Lenny
07-08-2007, 08:49 PM
You at 7000' ???

Donziweasel
07-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Was right around 7100 ft. Jim, yeah does it with a full tank. I really thought I would have gotten it out. It is driving me crazy!:mad:

wagspe208
07-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Air bleeds, air bleeds, air bleeds.
Wags
That is the rpm range they work.

Carl C
07-09-2007, 06:19 AM
I think you are right to go with a pro or with EFI. You are right that small changes in these carbs don't make any noticable difference. You have to make big changes and then work back. A bog is usually a lean spot but that's hard to believe at your altitude.:confused:

Donziweasel
07-09-2007, 09:01 AM
I did some pretty big changes, up four sizes on accelerator pump nozzles, down 4 jet sizes in primaries and two in secondaries, down to a 4.5 power valve in primaries. Nothing.

Air bleeds, could mess with it more, but I don't want to spend my summer tuning this boat. This has been going on for 9 months. While I am as stubborn as anyone, I realize my limitations and perhaps Bruizilla is right, there is something internally wrong. The only thing that gets me is that with the Edlebrock, the boat had plenty of low end and shot out of the hole. Would continue to accelerate through a low speed tight turn. Problems were in the mid-range. Now, great in mid and upper, but with the Holley, all the problems are on the low end. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

My personal take is that the boat needs an Exorcist because it is possessed!:bonk:

CHACHI
07-09-2007, 09:08 AM
DW, have you contacted Holly just to see what their tech dept has to add?

Ken

Donziweasel
07-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I spoke with Holley and some board members PM and e-mail who know a lot. I am just an old diesel bus mechanic and simply don't know enough about the ignition, timing and carb setups on marine engines. Plus, I don't want to make a serious mistake and lose an engine. Kinda relieved I am giving it to the pro's. I am also trying the lower gears in the drive this week. I will let everyone know what Precision says was the problem, provided they can figure it out. The only thing that sucks is that the nearest Mercruiser and performance marine shop is 90 miles away. Oh well.