PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Bear Dunes...with pics!

Tony
07-08-2007, 12:55 PM
We left Frankfort and headed north with matching Donzis, my 22 and gold-n-rod's 16. The Sleeping Bear Dunes National Shoreline is about 40 miles of spectacular lower Michigan coastline! It was a gorgeous day, with some talented photographers in action. Thanks Sheila for your great work, and thanks Randy for the "peace of mind" and usual awesome company.

Last Tango
07-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Superior photographs. Donzi should be using THESE on their website instead of the ones they have. These show the REAL pleasure in owning a Donzi. Nice job. And thanks for sharing them.

Tony
07-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Superior photographs. Donzi should be using THESE on their website instead of the ones they have.

In the 2002 Donzi brochure they had a page called "Owner's Clubs", with cool pics from various gatherings. In fact, my '67 Ski Sporter is pictured on that page, with the pic taken at the AOTH 2 event on Lake Cumberland.

Thanks for the compliment on the shots...there will definitely be some enlargement and framing going on with some of them!

VetteLT193
07-11-2007, 07:00 AM
In the 2002 Donzi brochure they had a page called "Owner's Clubs", with cool pics from various gatherings. In fact, my '67 Ski Sporter is pictured on that page, with the pic taken at the AOTH 2 event on Lake Cumberland.
Thanks for the compliment on the shots...there will definitely be some enlargement and framing going on with some of them!

My brother's 22 used to be on the web site. I liked the old web site better, the new one makes donzi feel distant.

roadtrip se
07-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Can't wait to get up there for the MADCOW run in August to dip my own toe in the water.

Thanks for the preview.

jl1962
07-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Nice pix Tony. Man does that lake look flat!

gold-n-rod
07-13-2007, 10:14 AM
I have to weigh in on the day's adventure. As you might imagine, a 16 handles waves, wakes and rollers much differently than a 22. The 1st pic of us coming out of the water is illustrative of the trip up to the dunes. While Tony, Cherri and their guests were riding in "the lap of luxury" I was worrying about bouncing Sheila right out.

So, as you might imagine, she was a bit reluctant to take the camera for the return trip. The "reflections" shot was a convergence of a sudden patch of smooth water for both the subject boat and the photographer's boat...... and a lot of good luck!

Staging the pic of the 22 rolled on its side brought about some comic relief. Tony had made several fly-bys as I stood in the cockpit snapping the shutter. The water got mighty churned up, especially by the banked shot. Sheila was talking on the cell phone and the tip of the bow was washed over with a pretty good-sized wake. I watched in amazement as a sheet of cold Lake Michigan water slowly came up the foredeck, over the windshield and onto Sheila's lap! I saw it coming..... She didn't! :eek:

We had a great time!!! Thanks for sharing the pics, Tony.