PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette 20 Performance

DonCig
07-07-2007, 07:41 AM
This morning at 6:30 am; LOTO had patchy fog and cool dense air.
Hit a new top speed for this boat of 76.4 mph GPS with 1 person and 1/2 tank of fuel.
1:65 Blackhawk drive, 31" stock props and a 200 pound driver. Running right at 5100 rpm with the stock 502 MPI. Slip number comes in at 16%.

chappy
07-07-2007, 07:52 AM
That's a nice run, you'll have to change your signature, but I'm sure it was worth it.

Rich

DonCig
07-07-2007, 08:12 AM
That's a nice run, you'll have to change your signature, but I'm sure it was worth it.
Rich
Rich, thanks for the kind comment. I can not change my signature because a certain registry member climbs on his soapbox every time a boat breaks 70 mph and starts preaching the hydraulic steering mantra.....................LOL

For those that have not spent a lot of time driving a Blackhawk drive, there is one word that best describes the feeling...............Loose and slippery when fully trimmed out.
When you back off the throttle, the boat does not immediately slow down like a normal deep water drive boat.

ITTLFLI
07-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Nice Don!

Is your boat one of the late model ones with the pad?

A buddy here in Cincy has one that was set up with the Blackhawk from the Factory. It runs really nice!

DonCig
07-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Nice Don!
Is your boat one of the late model ones with the pad?
A buddy here in Cincy has one that was set up with the Blackhawk from the Factory. It runs really nice!
Yes, it was one of the 1996 ones, the hull was purchased originally from Cigarette by Mike Livorsi, and then originally rigged with the Blackhawk and 502 by Mel Riggs. No pad on the bottom, just the rounded keel. Runs pretty flat but trims out with the nose up, very loose feeling when trimmed out but no nasty traits. I have tried other drives on this boat and the best handling and running drive on this boat so far is the Blackhawk.

I love the Blackhawk for cruising, set the tabs down and the drive up; smooth ride and a nice rooster for show.

Don

roadtrip se
07-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Rich, thanks for the kind comment. I can not change my signature because a certain registry member climbs on his soapbox every time a boat breaks 70 mph and starts preaching the hydraulic steering mantra.....................LOL

Very cool Don. My safety preaching may come back to bite me, if this Lady Scorpion runs out like she is supposed to.

Bring that thing over to Cumberland this summer and give Gero a run for his money in the BHLE.

I'll send you the dates we are going to be around through August.

DonCig
07-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Loto

txtaz
07-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Was it the tinkering with the mechanical tab indicators that did it?
AND here I was being nice keeping it under 60, geessshhhh.

Good job Don.

DaTaz<---smells a new 22 somewhere in the east...

MOP
07-08-2007, 02:56 PM
:smash:Smack!