PDA

View Full Version : An odd couple

zelatore
07-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Just got back last night from our raft up at Mandeville for the Hilton fireworks show. (yes, that Hilton & no, Paris wasn't there) General attendance seemed down this year, most likely due to the 4th falling in the middle of the week plus high fuel prices and 100 degree heat. Arneson didn't even make his customary tour with the turbine boat this time.

We were there from the 30th to the 5th - here's a couple shots with the Donzi looking mighty small rafted against my 32 Carver, which in turn is looking pretty small against the others in our raft-up, including a new 65 we brought out. All the same, I had plenty of people asking for rides. At least one of them got more than she bargained for as there was lots of big boat traffic on the main river to make for an 'entertaining' run!:eek!:

I only saw one other Donzi, another 22, just a short way up 3-river reach from us. I spoke to him briefly but didn't write down his name. I do remember he was from Discovery Bay ... if your out there, good looking boat; I was embarassed mine was so dirty when you came by!

DonCig
07-07-2007, 05:57 AM
Nice looking combo you have there!