PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Gold Cup July 13,14,15

rustnrot
07-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Anybody from here going to the Gold Cup next week in Detroit?? Myself and Mike Yobe from Florida (you can't miss Mike, he is 6' 8") got pit passes for ourselves and will be at the show. As you may recall Mike built the 16 Donzi Classic with the mahogany deck and v-drive setup.

Next year, Mike plans to be at the Gold Cup running a vintage hydro in the Vintage heats that he will be restoring soon.

From what I also understand the Offshore Pro Series is held in conjunction with the Gold Cup this year.

Carl C
07-06-2007, 08:32 PM
I work week-ends so can't go. I wonder if there's much week-day action worth going to. I'd want to watch from the boat. Does anyone local know if this is doable? Will all of the access sites be full on the week-days? I would put in on Lk St. Clair. Can you get close to the action?:confused:

rustnrot
07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Carl, go to www.gold-cup.com Friday is practice day and there is alot going on!

Also note that Viewing from the Waterworks Grandstands is FREE on Friday! See www.gold-cup.com/fanguide/index.html

Carl C
07-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Carl, go to www.gold-cup.com Friday is practice day and there is alot going on!
Also note that Viewing from the Waterworks Grandstands is FREE on Friday! See www.gold-cup.com/fanguide/index.htmlI work Fri sat and sunday. Maybe there is some qualifying or smaller boat races mon-thur? Is anyone going to the race by boat?