PDA

View Full Version : Heading to the lake well armed.....

Donziweasel
07-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Finally got a weekend to get out and get my boat tuned. Heading out this afternoon. Spoke with Holley and some board members and the general consensus is to drop 2 more jets in the primaries and go from there. Did that this morning, reset float levels and idle mixture.

I have a full tool kit, 2 power valves (4.5 and 5.5, 6.5 is in it now) full Holley Jet kit, vacuum gauge, and full Holley accelerator pump kit with shooter nozzles and a timing light. If I can't get it running right, then I give up.

Although I did not know much about Holley Carbs before this, I have been in that carb so many times, I think I could rebuild one blindfolded. Well, at least I can say I learned alot about Holley setups from this 9 month adventure.

I will update Sunday night or Monday morning.

vonkamp
07-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Good luck John, hope you get it dialed in perfect. :)

Donziweasel
07-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks Barry, hopefully I will have it running like a scalded cat!

maddad
07-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Thanks for taking the time to share all the info. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

RedDog
07-06-2007, 04:51 PM
sure has been a lot of jetting work on this

did you ever address Buizilla's basic concern - http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=415300&postcount=8?

Donziweasel
07-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Lifters are adjusted. Thanks for the heads up. Well, off to the lake. We (the western us) is having a heat wave and the lake should be sweet. High of 95 today. I know this is mild for most of the country, but in Jackson Hole, we should only be in the mid 80's this time of year. Oh well, at least humidity is only 7% today. Will post pics and results of tuning when I get back. Everyone have a good weekend!

BUIZILLA
07-06-2007, 05:34 PM
High of 95 today. Oh well, at least humidity is only 7% today. this is kinda key...

Carl C
07-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Holley's are very easy to work on and infinately tunable. Hopefully you've got a double pumper w/secondary metering block.