PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I have to move.

yeller
07-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Due to a temporary shortfall of $, I sadly, was unable to attend the Lake Powell gathering. So instead of spending the money on the trip, we ended up buying another house instead. :rolleyes: Impulse buying can really hurt the wallet sometimes. :biggrin.:
So now I own 2 houses (until our current one sells) and have one hell of a mortgage payment. :frown:
I'm going to really miss the one we have to sell. We both like it way more than the one we just bought, but we feel there is more money to be made in the new purchase.
Sometimes you have to step down the ladder to get on one that goes higher. This is the 1st step in our quest to early retirement.

1st 2 pics are of our current house. 3rd one is the new purchase and 4th is from it's deck.

boxy
07-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeller, nice looking houses. What golf course is your current house on?
Your new view looks pretty cool, is the BC market still fairly hot?
Our President released an article today stating that for the first time the national average price for a single family home will top $300,000.Royal LePage Report (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/05072007/3/business-resale-house-prices-forecast-top-300-000.html)

gcarter
07-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I know what golf courses look like, but that's a great view of the water!!!!:eek!:
Good luck w/both of them.
BTW, what water is that?????

yeller
07-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks guys.
Golf course is Westwood Plateau. Last time I checked it was listed as BC's most expensive public course. I think the green fees are $130. I've never played it. They have a 9 hole executive course for about $20 that I've played a couple times.

BC market is still hot but is showing signs of softening. Our current house increased in value over and above the market increases because we were one of the 1st in a developing area. Were hoping the new purchase will do the same. All the homes in the area are 50+ years old. There are 3 that have been knocked down and the new homes will be $1M+. We're betting more people will rebuild and drive the price of our place up. :crossfing:

The water view is of Burrard Inlet. I can sit on the deck and watch Blueliner go by. :yes: Our house is in Burnaby and the land on the other side is North Vancouver.
When we move in, that'll be the closest I've ever lived to the water, but I'll be the furthest I've ever been from a boat launch. That's the thing about Vancouver and the surrounding areas. With the ocean and the riverways, we have an incredible amount of boating areas, but very few launches.

boxy
07-07-2007, 06:39 AM
And the World gets smaller again ..... :D
My wife's cousin lived in the condo develepoment in PoCo that was built above the bistros and shops near the base of the plateau, we were at her wedding reception at the clubhouse about 6 years ago, and a friend/client just sold out there last summer when he was transfered to Ottawa. Sold a 2200 sq ft walk out and pretty much moved sideways into a 4200 2 storey with a 1900 sq ft garage on a 2 acre lot outside of Ottawa.
From what I understand about your market I think you made a great move. Good luck in your new place. :D
Do you have a MLS link to your current house, my buddy still has friends in the area that are always looking for houses.

Carl C
07-07-2007, 07:03 AM
The house looks smaller but you've got a million $ view!:yes:

yeller
07-07-2007, 02:30 PM
The house looks smaller but you've got a million $ view!:yes:Thanks Carl. We still prefer the view of our current house. No neighbours to look at and even though it's on the golf course, you feel more secluded. It's one of those places that the more time you spend sitting on the deck, the more you appreciate it.

Boxy, I wasn't on this site 6yrs ago. Too bad, would have been nice to meet up. Here's the mls listing:http://www.mls.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?vd=&SearchURL=%3fMode%3d0%26Page%3d1%26vs%3dResidentia l%26ret%3d300%26sts%3d0-0%26beds%3d0-0%26baths%3d0-0%26aid%3d3598%26MapURL%3d%253fAreaID%253d6568%252 6amp%253bSelID%253d3586%26mp%3d850000-850000-0%26mrt%3d0-0-4%26trt%3d2%26of%3d1%26ps%3d10&Mode=0&PropertyID=5893240
There's more pics if you visit the realtors website.
I'm not afraid to say we're listed high, but we're not in a panic to sell. If it doesn't sell by Oct., we'll relist late winter/early spring and reconsider the price then.
To give you an idea of how much prices have increased around here, we bought it new for $325 7yrs ago.

Little GTO
07-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey Yeller,

Congrats on the move. You are in my old stompin grounds. I spent a few months looking for a place for my ham radio repeater in westwood plateau and ended up on the Noons creek water resevoir. we used to have breakfast(all you can eat brunch) at Westwood Plateau golf course restaurant. Nice area, especially the "Street of Dreams" location...or was that up Heritage mountain to the west, behind the Esso on Barnet HWY? (major brain failure).

Your new view is awesome and it looks like you are staring right out at Cates park. My guess (this is so fun) is that you are real close to Ridge/Cliff/Duthie drive??? Pretty close anyway.

Keep us posted.

I remember I bought my place in Coquitlam on Mariner in 1994 for $216K and sold in 2003 for $295K. not bad, but it has gone up more in the last few years.

Cheers

Paul

yeller
07-08-2007, 11:17 AM
My guess (this is so fun) is that you are real close to Ridge/Cliff/Duthie drive???Not bad. You're right on the money with your 2nd guess. :)