PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run on the Conn. River

DONZI
07-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Normally i would'nt put something like this in the Performance section.
But some only ck. this forum.
Hit and Run on the Conn. River

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hit and Run on the Conn. River

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passing this along for a fellow Donzi owner. Really nice guy. He's been restoring his boat for along time and it means the world to him.Please help if you spot something.
Info=
Donzi hit & run

David Hartmann who just won the retoration award at the Lake George Donzi Dust-off for his St. Tropez was hit on the CT River yesterday. A 24-28 foot baja type boat hit him at 40-50 mph, while he was stopped and drifting, with 8 people aboard. Luckily no-one was hurt, but his boat sustained some major damage in the bow. He says it set him back at least 100 hours on the restoration. Damage was all above the water line so it didn't sink. The other boat took off without checking to see if they were alright or anything. They are looking for a baja type boat with significant glass damage. Any info contact David by e-mail at hartmanndy@aol.com or call davidh@deckfastener.com 860 944 1210.

I'm glad no one was hurt, but it really sucks that someone would leave the scene of a potentially serious boating accident.
Attached Images

Morgan's Cloud
07-06-2007, 11:56 AM
That sux bigtime.
I've been doing my best to keep up with David's resto .. have'nt heard from him for a bit though.
It's good that his crew are all OK but he must be so disheartened after all of his work.
Let him know that I'm thinking about him
Steve

Tank
07-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Sorry to here this!
Thank God no one was hurt!
It’s a shame how irresponsible people are to day!!!
I had seen photos of his boat here one reason I bought mine.
That’s one good looking boat! Like his jump seats to.
NJ is passing new licensing laws do to such things! Like we need new laws cant or don’t enforce the old ones.
Hope they get that bum! And throw the book at him!:mad:
I hope the repair goes fast!:crossfing:
Brian

maddad
09-10-2007, 06:10 AM
Almost two months now with no word on this. Please tell me they caught that dirtbag.
I also hope your boat is back the way you want it David.