PDA

View Full Version : Had some company on the lake today and man could he fly!

Carl C
07-05-2007, 05:50 PM
It's been years since I saw a float plane on Lake Oakland. By the time I got the phone-cam on he was well into the air. The photo also doesn't show that it is bright yellow and matches my boat. Pretty cool.

gcarter
07-05-2007, 06:21 PM
One Saturday last fall, Last Tango, Cuda, myself and a couple of other non-Donzi boaters got together on a lake off of the St. Johns River. We saw a Lake Amphibian and watched it take off. Later, while going back to Palatka, the pilot buzzed us at about 30-50 ft. Since he was only going about 10 MPH faster than us, it seemed as though he was over us for a long time.
It was a good day.

f_inscreenname
07-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Very cool.
We use to sit off the end of Martin State Airport's runway in our boats watching the A-10's take off and land. Even the top of the line boat owners felt a little small with those flying over.:wink:

Cuda
07-05-2007, 06:31 PM
I saw one last year at Porky's on Lake George too. I had to hold his plane off, until he could get in and get it started. The wind was blowing him into the dock.

vonkamp
07-05-2007, 08:50 PM
I've seen that dude before at the Crabshack. It's amazing to me that it has enough power to get out of the water but it does. A friend of mine has one (not seaplane version) and I think we saw almost 70kts top speed and that was stick down! :wink:

Cuda
07-06-2007, 05:48 PM
That yellow one has vinyl wings.

Sagbay32
07-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Cool shot Carl.

I see that guy all over the O.C. I used to see a Red and White one taking off on Union Lake and White Lake a few times. I think one crashed around here last year. :eek!:

Mike

Carl C
07-07-2007, 07:08 AM
I almost didn't post the pic because I thought everyone would just think "who cares?". I appreciate the feed-back. Yes, a float plane flipped on Pontiac Lake earlier this year; it had a student pilot and everyone was OK.